1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

Picked stitching on tuxedo jacket?

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by LQBDressCode, Apr 20, 2013.

1. LQBDressCode

LQBDressCode New Member

I recently saw a tux jacket with picked stitching about 1/4 inch inside the lapel edge. I'm considering getting it on my custom tux through Dress Code, but I want to see a few more photos of it -- do you have any? What are your thoughts on the picked stitch for a tux? I know it'll make it more casual, but I'm totally good with that -- I need to be a little different.

2. VinnyMac

VinnyMac Senior member

...not a fan, but to each his own...love it on suits though.

Last edited: Apr 20, 2013
  3. Matt S

Matt S Senior member

That ruins up the elegance of the silk-faced lapels. And pick stitching is typically done on the edge, not 1/4" in, which is more appropriate on a sports coat. If you want to set yourself apart, get turnback cuffs on the jacket.