- Nov 28, 2009
- Reaction score
SF - I am after a new tan loafer. Ill have detailed specifics below, but in general I am looking for a tan loafer, at or below a Crockett and Jones HG price, preferably as cheap as possible but still good quality! Suggestions on models would be very appreciated.
- Color must be a tan or lighter end of mid-brown.
- Leather must be calfskin. Smooth is preferred, pebbled is OK. NO Shell or reptile!
- Style - Penny style is much preferred but a tassel will be considered esp. if there is a good deal.
- Toe Shape - I am leaning toward a round toe but chisel is not ruled out.
- Sole - I prefer leather but would consider a Dainite.
- Price - As cheap as possible! But, I'll pay up to a Crockett HG at UK GBP converted pricing if needed. <= $650 total price with shipping.
- Method of Construction - Goodyear Welted or Blake Rapid. Glued, normal blake is unacceptable. Hand welted is likely unaffordable.
- Fitting - I find a 6.5E UK on the 337 comfortable as a benchmark.