• Welcome to our newest affiliate vendor, Passus Shoes. We are very happy to welcome our newest affiliate vendor, Passus Shoes. Passus shoes was founded by long term members of the forum and veterans of the shoes business. and is dedicated to crafting fine shoes in Budapest in a time honored tradition. Please help me give them a warm welcome in their new affiliate vendor thread.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Pic request: JLP plum museum & burgundy

Xiaogou

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Does anybody have a side by side comparison of plum museum calf and burgundy from JLP? I have seen pics in the shoe pictorial but not these two colors side by side.

Xiaogou

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Xiaogou
Does anybody have a side by side comparison of plum museum calf and burgundy from JLP? I have seen pics in the shoe pictorial but not these two colors side by side.

Anyone got side by side pics?

LaoHu

Reaction score
Paging aportnoy........

Eustace Tilley

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Anyone got side by side pics?

I have seen both several times. Get the plum - it is fan-tas-tic. I have pics up somewhere on SF.

EDIT: Here:

Xiaogou

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Eustace Tilley
I have seen both several times. Get the plum - it is fan-tas-tic. I have pics up somewhere on SF.

EDIT: Here:

Thanks for posting this. I already have the PhillipII in plum museum on order. I was just wondering if I should get burgundy calf as well. How close are they in color? Is JLPs burgundy more oxblood or something else?

Eustace Tilley

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Thanks for posting this. I already have the PhillipII in plum museum on order. I was just wondering if I should get burgundy calf as well. How close are they in color? Is JLPs burgundy more oxblood or something else?

Not really an oxblood, but a much darker / richer / redder shade (if that makes any sense). It looks good but not as nice as the mottled plum color.

KObalto

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

I want your shoe budget X. ET, I have the Phillip IIs in chestnut museum and could not have been happier with them until I saw your plums.

Pengranger

Reaction score
These are my Luffield's in Plum Museum. They don't have such distinct mottling as the other shoes posted. Great colour though!

JayJay

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
^^^The color looks really good.

Xiaogou

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by KObalto
I want your shoe budget X. ET, I have the Phillip IIs in chestnut museum and could not have been happier with them until I saw your plums.

Haha! I want aportnoy's shoe budget

I am in the process of making the Phillip II my "one-shoe" that I wear with suits. Dark brown museum, Parisian brown museum, chestnut museum, plum museum, black, dark oak, dark brown and maybe burgundy are the colors I am going for. The 7000 last fits me better than anything. It is the only last that allows me to wear 3 different types of orthotics and still be comfortable.

I am really considering the red museum as well. Not sure how it will match-up with a navy suit...

edit***off hand does anybody know what color Lobb has that is closest to oxblood?

Styleforum is proudly sponsored by

Featured Sponsor

How do you feel about spending money on non-essential goods during the Covid-19 crisis?

• I don't want to spend money at a time of economic uncertainty, even if I could afford it.

• I feel compelled to spend to help small businesses that are struggling.

• I reduced my budget for non-essential goods and I'm not spending at the moment.

• Not much has changed for me and I'm still buying stuff I can't afford.

Results are only viewable after voting.