Phuket  Tailors

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by 300rwhp, Jun 14, 2005.

1. 300rwhp

300rwhp Member

Any one knw any reputable tailors on the island of phuket? Also what should someone look for when buying silk for pocket sqs fabric or ties?

2. globetrotter

globetrotter Senior member

highly recomend not getting clothes made on phucket. highly recomend not going to pucket - there are so many great parts of thailand, why go there?

if you are going to pucket, via bangkok, go first to a tailor in bangkok, order some stuff, then go to pucket and pick up on your way out.

have fun

3. PeterMetro

PeterMetro Senior member

Agreed 100%.

4. Matt

Matt [email protected]

(globetrotter @ June 14 2005,11:20) highly recomend not getting clothes made on phucket. highly recomend not going to pucket - there are so many great parts of thailand, why go there? if you are going to pucket, via bangkok, go first to a tailor in bangkok, order some stuff, then go to pucket and pick up on your way out. have fun
    Agreed 100%.
    phuket is great if you dont stay in patong.

5. alchimiste

alchimiste Senior member

What's wrong with it? Toursists?

6. Matt

Matt [email protected]

([email protected] @ June 14 2005,23:53) phuket is great if you dont stay in patong.
    What's wrong with it? Toursists?
    thousands n thousands n thousands of em. vendors chasing you everywhere. fat german guys on rented motorbikes with skinny thai hookers...its horrible like patpong market with a beach. few kms down the road at kata/karon much much better. was there a couple of months ago, had a great time.

7. globetrotter

globetrotter Senior member

there are just so many better places in thailand. I have been to Pucket with my team from work, and it was ok, but I have taken personal vacations in much more out of the way places, and it is like the difference between day and night.

I would suggest the eastern side of the bay of thailand, it is much less touristy.

8. bry2000

bry2000 Senior member

I had a great time ("G" rated, actually) in Phuket several years ago. The stretch of beach surrounding the Amanpuri resort is fantastic. The Amanpuri resort itself is off the charts, although very costly.