1. Styleforum Gives - Holiday Charity Auction 10: A full set of Aesop's Fables pocket squares from Vanda Fine Clothing

We are very proud to present this year's edition of the Styleforum Holiday Charity Auctions, this year in support of the Ronald McDonald House Charities of Spokane (www.rmhcspokane.org). Each Auction lasts 24 hours. Please follow and bid on all the auctions.

The 10th auction of the year is for a full set of Aesop's Fable's pocket squares from Vanda Fine Clothing. Please bid often and generously here

Fok and the Styleforum Team.

Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice

STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

[Photos] Visit to Caraceni Milan

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by Solitarias, Jan 21, 2005.

1. Solitarias

Solitarias Member

2. marc237

marc237 Distinguished Member

So there I was admiring Vittorio's certificate on the wall and it occured to me that I was trying to read a photo of a certificate in Italian on a Dutch language-thread, which I linked to from an English language posting on two Italian suit makers known to far less than 1/1,000 of 1% of the US population. Thank goodness I am not too into this clothing thing, then I might do really weird things.

3. STYLESTUDENT

STYLESTUDENT Distinguished Member

Thanks for the view of the one clothes venue that I've always really wanted to visit.

4. Roy

Roy Distinguished Member

If you plan on visiting, let me know. Maybe we can get a discount when we buy in bulk [​IMG]

5. Roy

Roy Distinguished Member

What does he charge anyway?

6. STYLESTUDENT

Thanks for the thought, Roy, but at the current exchange rate, I can't imagine that a custom Caraceni suit would be less than $4,000 USD (just a guess), which unfortunately would rule out any bulk buying. Maybe the dollar will come back, but the unspoken policy is to keep it weak to encourage U.S. exports.

7. Roy

Roy Distinguished Member

But he does some amazing work, incredible. Those rolling lapels are really beautiful.

8. STYLESTUDENT

You're certainly right - they do look fantastic. Maybe the nicest work I've seen on this forum.

9. Roy

Roy Distinguished Member

[​IMG] I feel I have to translate the bit of text that was posted with this picture. This fabric is so thin that it actually shines through. The photographer held a red bag behind the jacket to illustrate this. The reddish shine of the fabric is actually that red bag. Because there is no inner lining it is ideal for summer use.

10. seanandnik

seanandnik Senior Member

what is that fabric, some sort of linen ? does it state what it is ?

11. Roy

Roy Distinguished Member

It is either Super 200 or Vicuna/Merino blend. From what I gather of the text anyway. It doesn't explicitly state what fabric it is but there is mention of those two fabrics.

12. Manton

Manton RINO Dubiously Honored

(seanandnik @ Jan. 23 2005,02:41) what is that fabric, some sort of linen ? does it state what it is ?
    It is either Super 200 or Vicuna/Merino blend. From what I gather of the text anyway. It doesn't explicitly state what fabric it is but there is mention of those two fabrics.
    Holy moley. At A. Caraceni, that would cost something the neighborhood of 7,000 euro. Maybe more.

13. Roy

Roy Distinguished Member

(Roy @ Jan. 23 2005,04:31)
    Holy moley. Â At A. Caraceni, that would cost something the neighborhood of 7,000 euro. Â Maybe more.
    I have to admit i'm wrong. I've asked the person who made the pictures and he doesn't really know for sure. It isn't the 200 he says, he thinks it might be linen blend?

14. Richie_Rich

Richie_Rich Well-Known Member

Originally Posted by Roy,Jan. 23 2005,04:31

Holy moley. At A. Caraceni, that would cost something the neighborhood of 7,000 euro. Maybe more.
    Add another €5k for s200  [​IMG] I'm btw the guy Roy and Solitarias mentioned [​IMG]

15. Richie_Rich

Richie_Rich Well-Known Member