• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Photos of Supberb Fit

Reaction score
Hello -- After looking at a few photos from a thread about proper back fit, I thought it would be valuable to have a thread displaying photos of beautifully fitting suits and sport coats. While there are many examples in WAYWRN, it would perhaps be good to have a thread dedicated just to pictorial evidence of excellent fit. Many Thanks!

This Purble Label Suit seems to fit well:

patrickBOOTH

Stylish Dinosaur
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
This thread is likely to start fights... Most would say that there is too much wasit supression there due to the horizontal "pull" lines. Other's like the said, pull.

voxsartoria

Goon member
Timed Out
Reaction score
Looking at advertizing photographs of models, for whom no clothes are made and for whom very little (if any) alterations are done except by pinning clothes at points away from the vantage of the camera, is a excellent way to learn what superb fit is.

- B

asdf

Reaction score
Originally Posted by voxsartoria
Looking at advertizing photographs of models, for whom no clothes are made and for whom very little (if any) alterations are done except by pinning clothes at points away from the vantage of the camera, is a excellent way to learn what superb fit is.

- B

I will be monitoring this thread closely.

-P

greystyle

Reaction score
Originally Posted by Bespokecranberry
Hello -- After looking at a few photos from a thread about proper back fit, I thought it would be valuable to have a thread displaying photos of beautifully fitting suits and sport coats. While there are many examples in WAYWRN, it would perhaps be good to have a thread dedicated just to pictorial evidence of excellent fit. Many Thanks!

nice sharing, will watch out this thread

anyone posts good fits?

Fuuma

Franchouillard Modasse
Reaction score

- B

Well it might not tell you how brand x will really fit but if it can tell someone how they like clothing to fit....

voxsartoria

Goon member
Timed Out
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Fuuma
Well it might not tell you how brand x will really fit but if it can tell someone how they like clothing to fit....

You mean like
foo.gif
fing?

- B

DeanCorso

Reaction score
Let's not be too quick to dismiss this approach, Vox. Not only does the daily clothespinning of one's jacket save unnecessary alteration costs, but the choice of pins, like cufflinks, avail the discerning gentleman of yet another opportunity to subtly express his personality.

My own preference is for silver-tipped clips of Brazilian Rosewood with a springless design.

Reaction score

- B

Perhaps I chose a poor example, but please don't dismiss the entire thread idea based on one image. Also, if responses to image postings were limited, then the thread could provide more photo evidence than such often useless arguing. Just a thought...

JPHardy

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by foryoureyesonly
Can't get much better than this. I'd sure love to see pics of what you guys think is the perfect fit of you guys wearing casual clothes.
jigml0.jpg

Eustace Tilley

Timed Out
Timed Out
Reaction score
^
laugh.gif

aj_del

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Bespokecranberry

- B

I believe that is a runway pic, so dont think there would be any pinning at the back ...

yfyf

Affiliate vendor
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
I think for superb fit, Vox consistently has the best examples. Holdfast is not bad, I think sometimes looser than it needs to be but never over-the-top. Chan does a good job for Parker's jackets, they sit nicely on him and are flattering. A Harris and Soph, who aren't around much anymore always had very well fitted clothes, too.

That model's clothes are a little too snug to be considered a superb fit. Also, you spelled superb incorrectly.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.3%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 87 38.2%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.5%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 36 15.8%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.8%

Forum statistics

Threads