• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Photos of my new bespoke sportcoat. Please comment on the fit.

crpz32

Reaction score
This is my first bespoke piece of clothing.
Please comment on the fit.

The cloth is very thick and heavy cotton (94%) with polyester (6%).
texture.jpg

Here's a blurry picture that shows the general fit and the waist suppression.
waist-1.jpg

The right sleeve length
rightarm-1.jpg

The left sleeve
leftarm-1.jpg

The shoulders
shoulders-1.jpg

The back
back.jpg

I'm a newbie so I don't know what this is called but it lets me button up the collars when it gets windy outside. nifty.
neck1-1.jpg

Ok I lied, its not bespoke. It's an unaltered OTR Marks & Spencer Sportcoat I picked up a few weeks ago while visiting my cousin in London. He told me he would meet me inside M&S (I have never been there before in my life) and I just happened to try it on while looking for him and I loved it, so I bought it right there for 99 pounds. I think I did well for OTR with absolutely no alterations. And currently it's the hardest working piece of clothing I own.
labels-2.jpg

I also noticed that 36S in M&S fit me perfectly and wanted to pick up some of their Satorial suits, but I controlled myself. Next time I go to London, I'm gonna have to get some. They looked real good for quality half-canvassed suits at around 179 pounds.

When I have time, I'll post my other suits, mostly M. Valentinos sold by the Wizard of Aahs on Ebay.

teddieriley

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
i was going to comment more on your wide stance.

TRINI

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
OH SNAP!

We got served.

That being said, one of my best fitting OTR suits is from Marks and Sparks.

Sanguis Mortuum

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I went shopping at M&S recently with a friend who needed some suits, imo they look really good, if they made my size I would've bought several myself...

embowafa

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
nice OTR...

not sure why, but the button stance seems a little weird to me.

I like the throat latch, too.

rnoldh

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
"The cloth is very thick and heavy cotton (94%) with polyester (6%)"

You might have got lucky and bought a coat with the same fabric Armani uses
smile.gif

vitaminc

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by embowafa
nice OTR...

not sure why, but the button stance seems a little weird to me.

I like the throat latch, too.

Something about those pocket flaps just doesnt look right :0

rjmaiorano

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
lapel roll is a pretty dead give away of an average suit. But it fits you very well for an OTR suit, worth the money.

ManofKent

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Yes it's a good fit. M&S stuff seems to vary from the grim but cheap to the good value and pretty nice. Their OCBD's are pretty good.

crpz32

Reaction score
Originally Posted by vitaminc
Something about those pocket flaps just doesnt look right :0

they got quite slanted. Perhaps because of that, the back end gives the illusion that they are too close to the bottom of the jacket?

Or maybe your referring to the flaps not lying flat on the jacket? I never really noticed that before either. Maybe I'll keep the flaps inside the pocket when I store the jacket.

VKK3450

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
There was a dude on here a while ago talking about M&S top of the line stuff. Said it was quite nice with full canvas, lot of handwork, cashmere, etc... I didnt end up looking at them, but pics he posted looked pretty good.

K

0b5cur1ty

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by VKK3450
There was a dude on here a while ago talking about M&S top of the line stuff. Said it was quite nice with full canvas, lot of handwork, cashmere, etc... I didnt end up looking at them, but pics he posted looked pretty good.

K

There's a famous post somewhere in the blogosphere (I forget where, unfortunately) in which a Saville Row tailor states that Marks and Spencer's suits are as good quality as any OTR he's ever seen. Difficult to square with my childhood memories of M&S; but I probably haven't been into one of there stores in 15 years or so, so it's more than possible things are different now.

indesertum

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
the english cut, but i dont think thomas mahon said they were the same, just that mark and spencer's suits were pretty good.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 90 38.0%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 88 37.1%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 25 10.5%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 38 16.0%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 37 15.6%

Forum statistics

Threads