• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

PHOTOS ADDED: PSA: Really Nice Suit at Off 5th in Raleigh

Lawman

Reaction score
Here is the suit: It looks like a 46R, maybe on the shortish side?

Jacket chest: 46
Jacket sleeve length: 24.5
Jacket length from top of collar: 31.5

IMG_3048-1-1.jpg

http://s183.photobucket.com/albums/x...=1230678414487

Again, I picked this up only to pass along at cost to a member. I couldn't let it go under-loved or under-appreciated.

If this needs to be on B&S, moderator let me know.

There is a gorgeous suit i
n the clearance rack at the Raleigh Off 5th. It is Saks house branded, no manufacturer identified, but made in England. Basting all over the place, and fully canvassed. It is a brown plaid, with mostly reds and oranges. A brilliant bright red lining. Fall weight fabric, and incredible drape. Slimmish lapels. No size on it, but I tried the jacket on and would estimate it to be a 44R. I didn't look at the pants very closely. Original price was up over $2k, and it is available now for $210.

Who makes this suit, if anyone knows?

antirabbit

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Either Heid or Chester Barrie,
Please buy it for me?

Lawman

Reaction score
I tell you what, I will shoot over there today and take a closer look. It has been there over a year, and I have probably tried it on ten times hoping by some miracle it has increased in size. I am a 48L!

Lawman

Reaction score
I think I'll just buy it and get some detail. If anyone wants it I'll just sell for cost plus mailing. It deserves a deserving home.

Shikar

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Lawman
I think I'll just buy it and get some detail. If anyone wants it I'll just sell for cost plus mailing. It deserves a deserving home.

Good stuff. Happy New Year!

Regards.

Big A

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I have a similar suit I got there - I think it was on the same rack as the Heild stuff back before it was on clearance.

My suit is similarly unbranded.

Big A

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I went by to take pics and the suit is gone already. Hopefully lawman got it

Lawman

Reaction score
I have it on hold. The line was too long for checkout, so I am going to pick it up tomorrow morning.

Shikar

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Looks like a 44S by the limited measurements.
Awesome gesture!

Regards.

Lawman

Reaction score
I am probably measuring the chest wrong. I am a 47L, and the jacket fits me perfectly in the chest. Fits me perfectly period, if it were only a long!

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 91 37.8%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 89 36.9%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 25 10.4%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 40 16.6%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.8%

Forum statistics

Threads