• We would like to welcome Arterton as an official Affiliate Vendor. Arterton, based in the UK, specializes in fine accessories such as garment bags, umbrellas, and shoe care, as well as fine shoes and boots from Yearn Footwear Please visit their thread and give them a warm welcome.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Photographing Clothes

California Dreamer

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I see loads of great photos on the WIW threads. Seems like, no matter what I try, I can't get sharply-focused photos of clothes. Any suggestions?

BTW, I use a good camera and a tripod.

amerikajinda

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I use the setting macro for flowers... the one used to take close-ups of flowers.

fatty

Reaction score
Focus before you shoot, that means holding the button half down till the picture is clear. With macro it's vital to point, adjust distance, focus, then take. Theres a point where the distance [usually between 3-30cm] which is best set for close shot pictures.

Quirk

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Actually, when my own photos get screwed up, more often than not it's because I'm shooting from a distance but have inadvertently left the camera set in macro mode. FWIW.

migo

Reaction score
I know this might sound silly, but if you're just using a simple point and shoot with your tripod, try to set it on the timer, so that you aren't touching it at all when the picture is taken...a lot of times the picture is blurred because of that tiny bit of movement when u push down on the shutter release

also, play around with your lighting/white balance so that you can get nice bright pictures without needing to use the flash...this way you won't wash out the picture and you'll get more unbiased color and detail

Featured Sponsor

Friday Challenge "Suited and Booted" VOTE NOW

• An Acute Style

Votes: 17 30.9%
  • Bernoulli

Votes: 16 29.1%
  • Brennenman

Votes: 3 5.5%
  • cr2596

Votes: 3 5.5%
  • Crafty Cumbrian

Votes: 7 12.7%