• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Phone interview - do I send a follow up thank you card?

dfagdfsh

Professional Style Farmer
Reaction score
I have a phone interview this week for a position that I would literally kill to get. I know the people interviewing me well. Should I send thank you cards after the interview? Or wait for potentially an in-person interview?

GreenFrog

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Thank you cards are a bit tacky, IMO. And especially more so for a phone interview.

I'd stick to a simple thank you email for this. It's more appropriate and they'll receive it faster than snail mail.

dfagdfsh

Reaction score
time wise, i can hand deliver a letter the day after, which is what i'd do anyway to save $ on stamps (**** usps).

Joffrey

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
You don't think it'd be awkward to drop in where you just had a phone interview? It's not 1954, send a thank you email. Maybe do the hand written note (mailed not hand delivered) after a real interview.

dfagdfsh

Reaction score
update: never had a chance to email, got called back 3 hours later and invited to an in-person interview for next monday. so good on that front. now to prepare for a 4 hour interview :fu:

dfagdfsh

Reaction score
well, it's technically a faculty position (a low paid entry level professional job, but with faculty benefits) so they take the process more seriously.

fish485

Reaction score
4 hours? you better have a lot of open ended questions to ask

imschatz

Reaction score
I don't even know where my office snail mail-box is.

RagnorakPA

Reaction score
Always, always, always send a thank you. An email is probably sufficient following a phone interview. A face to face absolutely demands a hand written note! Do not be classless. If you neglected to send a thank you note to me, I wouldn't hire you.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.8%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 86 38.2%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 23 10.2%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 35 15.6%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 16.0%

Forum statistics

Threads