• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

phone calls for people that aren't me

Milhouse

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I've had my current landline for 5 or 6 years. It is in my name. No one else has ever lived with me. Yet suddenly, I'm getting calls from obvious call centers (my guess is collection agencies due to the messages they leave) for about 3 different people that aren't me. In addition, I'm also getting calls from a pharmacy for someone that isn't me.

WTF? I'm not sure who is giving out my number or what is happening, but it is really annoying me. I'll come home to go through 3 or 4 messages on my machine that crap for people that aren't me and then get more calls in the evening as well.

Can anything be done to stop this?

TheClearanceGuy

Reaction score
First I would add your number to the National Do Not Call Registry...
www.donotcall.gov

Secondly, Call some of them back and let them know that they have the wrong number.

Third- I would run your credit report to make sure you don't have anything funky on there.

Good Luck
smile.gif

forsbergacct2000

Reaction score
I'd check to make sure there is no identity theft happening. Good luck.

Orsini

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Milhouse
I've had my current landline for 5 or 6 years. It is in my name. No one else has ever lived with me. Yet suddenly, I'm getting calls from obvious call centers (my guess is collection agencies due to the messages they leave) for about 3 different people that aren't me. In addition, I'm also getting calls from a pharmacy for someone that isn't me. WTF? I'm not sure who is giving out my number or what is happening, but it is really annoying me. I'll come home to go through 3 or 4 messages on my machine that crap for people that aren't me and then get more calls in the evening as well. Can anything be done to stop this?
Maybe that bum you doused with boiling grits stole your identify for payback...

FidelCashflow

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Maybe someone is running a scam and just using a phone number that happens to be yours as their contact number. Is it something easy to remember? Maybe it's their real number with 1 or 2 numbers transversed.

Milhouse

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Orsini
Maybe that bum you doused with boiling grits stole your identify for payback...

It wasn't boiling grits, it was boiling oil, just like they used to do in castles in the middle ages. Oil seems to do a much better job than grits. Choose one with a high smoke point.
teacha.gif

Milhouse

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Well, I checked my credit, and there are no signs of fraud.

Hmm.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.3%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 87 38.2%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.5%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 36 15.8%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.8%

Forum statistics

Threads