• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Phillies fan gets tasered.

kwilkinson

Having a Ball
Reaction score
Guys, I'd appreciate it if you at least ask my permission before posting videos of me.

dcg

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by globetrotter
you and your dad are good people in my book

Thanks, gt!

In other news, I don't understand why everyone has to get all butt-hurt over Philly fans all the time.

MrG

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Originally Posted by dcg
Thanks, gt!

In other news, I don't understand why everyone has to get all butt-hurt over Philly fans all the time.

Because they seem to have a higher proportion of idiotic fans than most teams, and I say this as an SEC football fan. I'm not going to stereotype and say all Philly fans are idiots, but it does seem to be more common than most teams, much like bandwagon fans seem to be more common with the Yankees and Sox.

Here's a pretty good history of Philly fans' idiocy, written by an Atlanta Journal-Constitution blogger:

http://blogs.ajc.com/jeff-schultz-bl...owing-my-beer/

The greatest hits:

By now, you've no doubt seen the video of the 17-year-old, chucklehead Phillies fan who ran onto the field Monday night and was zapped with a Taser (if not, I've posted it below).

Well, somebody "” I would imagine the 17-year-old, chucklehead's third cousin, thought this was such a great idea that he also ran onto the field Tuesday at Citizens Bank Park. Similar to Chucklehead I, who phoned his father to seek permission first about running onto the field (the father said no), Chucklehead II apparently announced his temporary (or not) insanity in advance on Twitter: "turn on the phillies game, im about to be on the feild!!!!!!!!!!" (Morons can't spell.)
Eagles fans booed and threw snowballs at Santa Claus. You can decide whether that's worse than the time they cheered when Dallas Cowboys wide receiver Michael Irvin was laying on a stretcher on the field with a career-ending neck injury.
Have to love those Phillies fans. They threw batteries "” "D" size, of course "” at J.D. Drew, then of the St. Louis Cardinals, because Drew wouldn't sign with Philadelphia after the draft. It was only a few weeks ago when a sauced 21-year-old intentionally vomited on the 11-year-old daughter of an off-duty police officer because he was angry that his friend (another sweetheart) was thrown out earlier.

The old Veteran Stadium, home to the Eagles and Phillies, became so infamous that officials actually constructed a jail cell in the stadium, complete with a judge and a court room. (Justice was swift, usually before the next inning or change of possession.)
My all-time favorite "oops" moment for a fan probably came at the old Spectrum when a Flyers fan verbally (yes, only verbally) assaulted Toronto's Tie Domi in the penalty box, leading Domi to turn around and squirt water at him. The fan then climbed the Plexiglass to get at Domi, only to have it collapse. He fell in the box, right next to the amused Domi. The two then went at it, kinda, sorta.

dcg

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
By now, you've no doubt seen the video of the 17-year-old, chucklehead Phillies fan who ran onto the field Monday night and was zapped with a Taser (if not, I've posted it below).

Well, somebody "” I would imagine the 17-year-old, chucklehead's third cousin, thought this was such a great idea that he also ran onto the field Tuesday at Citizens Bank Park. Similar to Chucklehead I, who phoned his father to seek permission first about running onto the field (the father said no), Chucklehead II apparently announced his temporary (or not) insanity in advance on Twitter: "turn on the phillies game, im about to be on the feild!!!!!!!!!!" (Morons can't spell.)
People running onto the field is hardly new. At least neither beat the **** out of the first base coach like the father-son tag team at the White Sox game a few years ago.

Eagles fans booed and threw snowballs at Santa Claus. You can decide whether that's worse than the time they cheered when Dallas Cowboys wide receiver Michael Irvin was laying on a stretcher on the field with a career-ending neck injury.
The Santa Claus thing happened 40 years ago because the guy in the suit was hammered and is something JV ESPN anchors bring up because they haven't bothered to do any research. Irvin is a *************, but didn't deserve to be booed. No way for the fans to know at the time it was career ending, but booing anyone on a stretcher is in extremely poor taste - won't argue with this one.

Have to love those Phillies fans. They threw batteries "” "D" size, of course "” at J.D. Drew, then of the St. Louis Cardinals, because Drew wouldn't sign with Philadelphia after the draft. It was only a few weeks ago when a sauced 21-year-old intentionally vomited on the 11-year-old daughter of an off-duty police officer because he was angry that his friend (another sweetheart) was thrown out earlier. The old Veteran Stadium, home to the Eagles and Phillies, became so infamous that officials actually constructed a jail cell in the stadium, complete with a judge and a court room. (Justice was swift, usually before the next inning or change of possession.)
Not sure how many batteries were actually thrown, wikipedia (fwiw) seems to think it was two people. Unacceptable, even though Drew is also a huge douche. Not any worse than Cubs fans dumping a beer on Victorino at the exact moment he's trying to catch a fly ball.

I think there was some question from eyewitnesses as to whether the vomiting was intentional. Either way that guy sucks, but I wonder if it's national news if not for the fact that it happened in Philly.

Jail cell and taser incident just show that we will swiftly and effectively deal with anyone who breaks the law in our stadiums
smile.gif

My all-time favorite "oops" moment for a fan probably came at the old Spectrum when a Flyers fan verbally (yes, only verbally) assaulted Toronto's Tie Domi in the penalty box, leading Domi to turn around and squirt water at him. The fan then climbed the Plexiglass to get at Domi, only to have it collapse. He fell in the box, right next to the amused Domi. The two then went at it, kinda, sorta.
Sounds like Domi instigated (players should have thick enough skin not to respond to taunts from fans). Not familiar with the incident, but apparently wasn't much of an altercation. Surely nowhere near the Malice at the Palace.

All in all, not any worse than any other major sports town.

odoreater

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by dcg
Thanks, gt!

Because I am a Mets fan.

dcg

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by odoreater
Because I am a Mets fan.

Uggggh hate you guys!

bounce2.gif

BDC2823

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by MrG
Because they seem to have a higher proportion of idiotic fans than most teams, and I say this as an SEC football fan. I'm not going to stereotype and say all Philly fans are idiots, but it does seem to be more common than most teams, much like bandwagon fans seem to be more common with the Yankees and Sox.

I dunno. Angels fans are pretty idiotic too. Just today the ole FB is loaded with **** like, "We face John Lackey today, I hope he gets hurt", "I hope Lackey takes a line drive off the face", "I want to punch Lackey in the face", etc.

So basically they want to see a guy get physically hurt because he decided to play for another team once he hit free agency because they were willing to pay him millions of dollars more. The same guy that helped bring them their only World Series victory, anchored their rotation for years as their ace, and doesn't owe any fans jack ****. Brilliant.

MrG

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Originally Posted by dcg

I can see you've had to defend your teams' fans against such accusations before.
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by odoreater
Because I am a Mets fan.

Originally Posted by dcg
Uggggh hate you guys!

bounce2.gif

Go Braves!
smack.gif

Originally Posted by BDC2823
I dunno. Angels fans are pretty idiotic too. Just today the ole FB is loaded with **** like, "We face John Lackey today, I hope he gets hurt", "I hope Lackey takes a line drive off the face", "I want to punch Lackey in the face", etc.

So basically they want to see a guy get physically hurt because he decided to play for another team once he hit free agency because they were willing to pay him millions of dollars more. The same guy that helped bring them their only World Series victory, anchored their rotation for years as their ace, and doesn't owe any fans jack ****. Brilliant.

Yeah, like dcg said the reality is that this behavior is probably common in any major sports town. I've always kind of assumed that Philly got a bad rap somewhere along the way, and now anything that happens makes the rounds because it fulfills the stereotype. The truth is that every team has fans who are deplorable. I don't have any trouble believing there are some teams that have a higher proportion of deplorable fans than others, but I can't imagine the bad fans actually represent a majority of any fan base.

WhateverYouLike

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by BDC2823

Same thing happens when any star leaves. The only player I can recall getting a warm reception coming back in another uniform was Griffey.

retronotmetro

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by JoyDiffusion
My point is that there should be a universal set of guidelines for how Tasers should be used, so that people know when they're putting themselves at risk.

Unless you totally ban tasers, there can never be universal guidelines from a legal perspective. Every agency has its own state laws and local politics to deal with when adopting policies. You will never get complete agreement across the spectrum. I would bet that there is even a fair amount of variance on policies regarding the use of firearms, which should be a more universal area than less-lethal devices.

This leaves a practical suggestion for a universal guideline: don't act like a dick when there are cops around. I think that anyone who doesn't follow that rule as a matter of course is incapable of comprehending a use-of-force algorithm, and then fine-tuning their conduct to conform to it.

It isn't a perfect rule, since there will always be instances of bad judgement where a person is wrongly hit/tased/pepper sprayed/shot, and there will always be flat out bad cops. But you can't get rid of those cases with restrictive policies.

All of that being said, I think that police departments would want to implement more restrictive policies for no other reason than just avoiding litigation and bad press. Given the amount of negative publicity that tasers get, it would be far easier to justify their use when they are only used as a response to an identifiable threat to someone's safety.

Johnny_5

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by iammatt

Long and nsfw, but hysterical.

Funny video. I didnt know they made penises that small.
laugh.gif

HORNS

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Originally Posted by iammatt

Long and nsfw, but hysterical.

How has this not been part of my life? Great video. HUGE clitoris.

Canal Directo

Reaction score
^^ROFL **** is hilarious!
Feel bad for this guy and not aboit the tasing.

itsstillmatt

The Liberator
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
Originally Posted by HORNS
How has this not been part of my life? Great video. HUGE clitoris.
This video, and the happiness it brings, is nearly proof of God to me. I say nearly because that penis is proof that God cannot possibly exist.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 91 37.8%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 89 36.9%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 25 10.4%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 40 16.6%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.8%

Forum statistics

Threads