• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Philadelphia Hotels

theincumbent

Reaction score
Any Philly residents/frequent visitors have recommendations for hotels?

I'm thinking something in the relative vicinity of Loews Hotel (On Market) with a
comparable or cheaper rate.

Any help would be greatly appreciated!

NoVaguy

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by theincumbent
Any Philly residents/frequent visitors have recommendations for hotels?

I'm thinking something in the relative vicinity of Loews Hotel (On Market) with a
comparable or cheaper rate.

Any help would be greatly appreciated!

I've stayed at the Loews on Market - it's nice. I've also stay at the hilton garden inn, kind of blah.

I rarely stay at hotels in Philly, since my parents now live in the suburbs. I almost always stay with them.

Lucky7

Reaction score
I have stayed at the Hyatt on Penn's Landing..it was nice..the Four Seasons..very nice..but too stuffy for my likes.

BigHandMan

Reaction score
Originally Posted by NoVaguy
I've stayed at the Loews on Market - it's nice.

+1. Very cool feng shui vibe throughout and quite a nice bar area as I recall. If you're looking for a better rate there, try one of the online cheapy sites.

JPYPSU07

Reaction score
Sheraton downtown is very nice, BEST MATTRESSES EVER!

southbound35

Reaction score
Did a search, found this, and hope to revive with a few questions.

Never been to Philly. Travelling there for work the week of 8/23-8/27. I'm a baseball fan and would like to catch a Phillies game if I can. Since my office will be in the suburbs (Spring House), I doubt I will be able to make it in for a weeknight game, so I thought I might fly in on Saturday (8/21), check out the town on Saturday night, catch the game on Sunday afternoon, do a bit more running around Philly on Sunday evening, then head to the hotel close to the office that night.

I'm 39, single, straight, will be traveling alone. Have no idea what area of town might be appropriate for my demographic. If I'm using the Hotwire areas, would you suggest I book a hotel in the Old City/Penn's Landing, Center City East, or Center City West area? Ideally, I'd like to find a hotel central to good restaurants and bars; I could park my car and catch a cab for any nightlife pursuits. Since I would be staying only one night, I don't mind staying at a relatively pricy hotel. But, I don't want to spend money just to spend money; I'd like to stay somewhere I feel I'm getting location/atmosphere/service/nice room. I'm up for anything from a boutique to a larger hotel. It would be a plus (but not a deal-killer, if not) for the hotel bar to have a good scene (maybe for pre-going out and a nightcap).

Also, I might stay the following weekend as well (Friday/Saturday nights). For that weekend, I would probably prefer to stay somewhere a little less pricy, but still a nice, centrally-located hotel. Any ideas for that?

Did a quick search on tripadvisor, which rated Hilton Garden Inn (1100 Arch St) as its best value (quality/$). Might that be an option for my second weekend/less pricy hotel?

How about the Sofitel, the Rittenhouse 1715, or the Indepent for my first night? Any other ideas?

pinchi22

Reaction score
Originally Posted by southbound35
How about the Sofitel, the Rittenhouse 1715, or the Indepent for my first night? Any other ideas?

I stayed at the Sofitel last summer and loved it. Great beds and service, next to Daffy´s(!), near the Freedom Trail, great bar (hint: free welcome drink if you sign up for their club). Can´t compare to other Philly hotels as I haven´t tried them.

JayJay

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Originally Posted by pinchi22
I stayed at the Sofitel last summer and loved it. Great beds and service, next to Daffy´s(!), near the Freedom Trail, great bar (hint: free welcome drink if you sign up for their club). Can´t compare to other Philly hotels as I haven´t tried them.
I've also stayed at Sofitel, and enjoyed it.

southbound35

Reaction score
Originally Posted by pinchi22

Originally Posted by JayJay
I've also stayed at Sofitel, and enjoyed it.

Thanks, guys. Nice to know. I think I may go that route.

philosophe

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
The Sofitel is great. Depending on your age and tastes, you may really enjoy its proximity to Rittenhouse Square or find yourself drawn to other parts of the city.

I have heard good things about the new Hotel Palomar, which is right across the street from the Sofitel, but I haven't stayed there.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 91 38.2%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 88 37.0%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 25 10.5%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 38 16.0%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 37 15.5%

Staff online

Forum statistics