• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

petronius ties

literasyme

Reaction score
Does anyone have experience with this (Milanese) brand? Virtual Clotheshorse has a selection of very nice-looking ties from them, but never having encountered them in real life, I wonder about the quality. Their website is practically non-existent...

edmorel

Quality Seller!!
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
Originally Posted by literasyme
Does anyone have experience with this (Milanese) brand? Virtual Clotheshorse has a selection of very nice-looking ties from them, but never having encountered them in real life, I wonder about the quality. Their website is practically non-existent...

Very nice and well made. In the same league as Borrelli/Kiton and they do the cool hand stitching at the tip on some of the ties.

literasyme

Reaction score
Not really -- fairly muted colours and patterns. They're on the slim side, but not problematically so. Many of the ones Lance has in stock are either Cashmere or wool. Just ordered a couple (thanks Ed!)...

Nico4207

Reaction score
i recently purchased a petronius tie. its a milanese company, very well made ties. great knots. definitely a solid tie

dshin

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I have have a cashmere one that I got from ebay last year. I lucked out and got it for $20 or so, BNWT. I have never heard of Petronius at that time...I was just looking for a nice cashmere tie. The quality is great. I wouldnt hesitate to buy another one.

Nico4207

Reaction score
the petronius tie i have is a beautiful seven fold tie. very plain but a great tie

HomerJ

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Last edited:

ThinkDerm

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
three different threads about Petronius. Seems the forum is on a tie kick lately, and I just so happened to come across some of these amazing ties for the first time - you ever seen these Spoo? Equal to or better than Drakes!

SpooPoker

Internet Bigtimer and Most Popular Man on Campus
Affiliate Vendor
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score

three different threads about Petronius. Seems the forum is on a tie kick lately, and I just so happened to come across some of these amazing ties for the first time - you ever seen these Spoo? Equal to or better than Drakes!

Instigator!

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.3%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 87 38.2%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.5%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 36 15.8%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.8%

Forum statistics

Threads