Persol in Washington DC area?

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by NukeMeSlowly, Jul 25, 2007.

1. NukeMeSlowly

NukeMeSlowly Senior member

Is there a brick and mortar shop in the DC area that sells Persol sunglasses? I would really like to try them on in person rather than just taking the plunge with mail order.

2. Fritz

Fritz Senior member

3. life_interrupts

life_interrupts Senior member

I believe the Sunglass Hut (Union Station for sure) carries a limited number. Was looking to get the classic tortise shells, but couldn't justify the expense, since I already owned a pair of black wire frame Persols. Got a Brooks Brothers version that looked similar, but only 1/3 the price.

4. Manny Calavera

Manny Calavera Senior member

Persol is owned by Luxottica so you can probably find them at the Luxottica-owned chains (Pearle Vision, Lens Crafters, etc.).

5. amerikajinda

amerikajinda Senior member

Is there a brick and mortar shop in the DC area that sells Persol sunglasses? I would really like to try them on in person rather than just taking the plunge with mail order.

Yes, go here! http://www.voorthuis.com

6. zalb916

zalb916 Senior member

Bought my Persols at a Sunglass hut in D.C. In National Airport actually. I don't think all Sunglass Huts carry them.

7. rsemans

rsemans Member

I work for luxottica and one of the luxottica owned shops there should carry it. Where I am the lens crafters have it and the two sunglass huts (which I work for) don't, although we can finess them into the store if needed.

To the poster above: you're right not all will. There are different types of sunglass huts that sit in categories like Fashion 1,2,x and I think another is sport along with ones that carry watches too (not a watch station). Some glasses from more exclusive designers/brands are only put in one lux store in a zip code so you may find like in my area lens crafters have ferragamo, persol, chanel, dolce & gabbana (and d&g), prada, versace, while the sunglass huts have only prada, versace, d&g, and some others.