1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

Persol 714 fit check

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by orange fury, Feb 22, 2013.

1. orange fury

orange fury Senior member

I wanted to get input on the fit of my new 714's. They're 52mm, I was wondering if the sizing looked correct or if I should look into sending them back and swapping them for 54's.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. MSchott

MSchott Active Member

I would not get them any larger than that. They are fine.

3. Digmenow

Digmenow Senior member

While there is obviously some camera angle exaggeration going on, your head has too much roundness for a round shaped pair of sunglasses to compliment you. You might be more of a Wayfarer guy. The rectangular lines counteract the overall sensation of the curves.

Probably not what you want to hear.

[​IMG]

Last edited: Feb 22, 2013
  4. orange fury

orange fury Senior member

I wasn't looking for any specific answer, so I appreciate the feedback. I actually already own a pair I tortoiseshell wayfarers (2410's) that I love, but in getting these I was just looking for something a bit different. If they don't suit me then that's perfectly fine, but I wanted to get opinions from an objective 3rd party before returning them. Those original pictures were a bit disproportionate though, so here's one from further away for a better perspective (yes, it's in a restroom at work)

[​IMG]

5. krh7

krh7 New Member

too small size up