• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Persol 649 Online?

Joeeyy

Reaction score
I'm looking to buy a pair of Persol 649s in Havana or whatever they're called. The brown colour, with brown lenses.

Does anybody know an online store that I can trust is 100% LEGIT?

KObalto

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Try framesdirect.com.

greyinla

Reaction score
Originally Posted by drechie
google ottica.net.... cheapest

The Italian Ottica/united shades is a good vendor. Framesdirect is legit, but be aware they charge a restocking fee on returns. You can sometimes get a good price on Persols through Amazon as well.

The NYT reports that the owner of decormyeyes was recently arrested for fraud, so probably one to avoid.
smile.gif

run23

Reaction score
I've bought two pairs of 649s from ebay (user name Louthbird or something like that). They were brand new for about $170 and legit. I think they run a store on ebay. They ship them from Isreal so it takes a couple of weeks.

Imperator

Reaction score
Originally Posted by run23
I've bought two pairs of 649s from ebay (user name Louthbird or something like that). They were brand new for about $170 and legit. I think they run a store on ebay. They ship them from Isreal so it takes a couple of weeks.

Same. I've purchased 2 pairs (649s and 714s) from louthbird. Great seller, and the shipping only took 8-10 days.

orlagu

Reaction score
Originally Posted by Imperator
Same. I've purchased 2 pairs (649s and 714s) from louthbird. Great seller, and the shipping only took 8-10 days.
I'll third that. Purchased 2244s, 2942s and 649s from louthbird. Took exactly 14 days to reach my post office. Actually the first pair of 649s had some defect so I contacted him for a return/replacement, then mailed out the sunnies, and upon providing him the proof of mailing (scanned airway bill) he immediately sent the replacement via EMS without charging me any additional cost. That just strengthened my love for Jewish people
worship.gif
beside Natalie Portman.

nmak

Reaction score
hi, i don't have persol before anyone else can confirm if i buy from louthbird it 100% authentic

rjsphd

Reaction score
I bought my 649s from Unitedshades.com and would highly recommend them. I bought the wrong size at first and the exchange was painless, delivery fast.

bourbonbasted

Cyber Eliitist
Reaction score

hi, i don't have persol before anyone else can confirm if i buy from louthbird it 100% authentic
I can vouch for Louthbird as well. Wearing a pair of 714s I bought from him this past summer today. Great seller and 100% legit merchandise.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 91 37.4%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 37.0%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.7%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 40 16.5%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.6%

Forum statistics

Threads