• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Persol 649 Online?

fineprint

Reaction score
Don't mean to grave dig this thread, but we can agree that the ebay seller louthbird sells the same 649s that i would find in the department store or sunglass hut?? Legitimacy just means the world to me. Since im not looking to see how close I can get to the original, really just considering paying top dollar but not if its unnecessary.

Jr Mouse

Stylish Dinosaur
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score

Don't mean to grave dig this thread, but we can agree that the ebay seller louthbird sells the same 649s that i would find in the department store or sunglass hut?? Legitimacy just means the world to me. Since im not looking to see how close I can get to the original, really just considering paying top dollar but not if its unnecessary.  

I don't have any experience with the guy, but if you read the thread that's what they were saying.

kilo11heli

Reaction score
"

I will not vouch for LOUTHBIRD and I'm extremely doubtfully of his authenticity. I'm certain he is selling high level chinese knock-offs.

I'm in Canada and I love my persols. I bought my first pair from the SUNGLASSHUT after I broke the frame, I searched online for a cheap alternative to my 2747s. I ordered from LOUTHBIRD matching my LEGIT originals to the LOUTHBIRD copy nothing matched up, there were slight deviations in materials from the leather case to the frames. I replaced the arms of the LOUTHBIRDS with my originals nothing matches up, in addition, the metal is flaking off my swords on the KNOCK OFFS. Lastley I've 4 pairs of persols never has the instruction manual come with poorly written chinese all over it total scammer scumbag.

LOUTHBIRD is a scammer and a liar when I complained he wrote I wanted them for free when all I wanted was a refund.
Total scammer scumbag. If you want persols buy from a high-level online retailer or suck it up and pay in store nothing worse then throwing down a few hundred for a disgusting Chinese knock off.

LOUTHBIRD I hope you sleep well-ripping people off with your disgusting chinese knock offs you POS.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 88 37.8%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 87 37.3%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 25 10.7%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 37 15.9%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.5%

Forum statistics

Threads