Dismiss Notice

STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Perry ellis + dolce & gabbana, what?

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by Timothy, Dec 3, 2002.

1. Timothy

Timothy Senior member

I don't know if it sounds crazy to you, but I was taken aback toady at a local Saks Off 5th. To make a long story short, while looking through the racks I found a thick synthetic black button up shirt with the label missing at the neck. Thinking that it may be a Prada I checked inside at the fabric label near the bottom. There I saw that it said it was made by Dolce & Gabbana SpA, so I thought it was a Dolce instead of Prada. It was only while trying it on that I noticed a small black tag on the outside back of the shirt. I read it and couldn't believe that it actually said Perry Ellis. Now maybe I missed something, or fell out of the fashion loop somewhere, but how does Perry Ellis connect to Dolce & Gabbana? Plus to be even made by their SpA? Is there a luxe line of Perry Ellis I never heard of before? I tried checking online to maybe find out some info, but all that comes up are pages about Ittierre SpA's renewed license agreement for D&G. Also I never knew that Dolce & Gabbana SpA produced work for other labels. I wonder whom else they may do? Anyways if one of you could clue me in it would be a big help. If you find this a bizarre as I do I double checked, and both labels seem authentic to the garment.