• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Perkal Brothers Bespoke Shoes - Crown St, Surry Hills, Sydney

Grande Fromage

Reaction score
Hi Guys,

I have searched this forum and couldn't find anything on these guys.

On my trip to work every day, my bus goes past Perkal Brothers Surgical and Bespoke Shomakers. They are located on Crown Street in Surry Hills, Sydney.

Apparently it's run by a couple of old jewish guys in their 90's.

Was wondering if anyone has ever had shoes made by them and if so, what were they like, quality, etc.

Thanks!

meister

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score

Hi Guys,

I have searched this forum and couldn't find anything on these guys.

On my trip to work every day, my bus goes past Perkal Brothers Surgical and Bespoke Shomakers. They are located on Crown Street in Surry Hills, Sydney.

Apparently it's run by a couple of old jewish guys in their 90's. 

Was wondering if anyone has ever had shoes made by them and if so, what were they like, quality, etc.

Thanks!

I have been in there a number of times. They are an incredible couple of guys with some unbelievable stories from the War. All the rich and famous have used them for bespoke. Others just get their repairs done in there.

91 year old shoemakers you want? Oi vay!

http://wentworth-courier.whereilive...hers-cobbling-a-life-together-in-surry-hills/

http://www.zimbio.com/pictures/7dEZ...al+Bespoke+Bootmakers/O_Gs36ZdveL/Adam+Perkal

http://www.brisbanetimes.com.au/lifestyle/two-of-us-20121015-27lql.html[/url

Last edited:

Grande Fromage

Reaction score
I have been in there a number of times. They are an incredible couple of guys with some unbelievable stories from the War. All the rich and famous have used them for bespoke. Others just get their repairs done in there.

Thanks for your response Meister!

That's really great to hear! I have their number on my desk at work, so I'll give them a call sometime soon.

Any idea or prices and turn around times for shoes?

Thanks again!

meister

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score

Thanks for your response Meister!

That's really great to hear! I have their number on my desk at work, so I'll give them a call sometime soon.

Any idea or prices and turn around times for shoes?

Thanks again!

Not really just go in sit down and talk to Adam and Morris.

Grande Fromage

Reaction score
That sounds great, Wurger. Really interested to hear how it all goes. Pics when done?

TheWraith

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

I went there and spoke to Morris, great chap and placed an order, $750 for a pair, and 1st fitting in a week.

That's a great price for true, in person bespoke. I may have to partake of that service myself :)

wurger

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
First fitting at Perkal Bros, going along nicely, I asked them about how they welt and last their shoes, all handmade! very strong old men they are!

md2010

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Thanks for sharing. I will be visiting them soon. Do they have any catalogue or you can bring your own design ?

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.3%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 87 38.2%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.5%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 36 15.8%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.8%

Forum statistics

Threads