1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

Performers you wish you had seen in concert

Discussion in 'Entertainment, Culture, and Sports' started by Connemara, Mar 11, 2007.

1. oneeightyseven

oneeightyseven Senior member

2. Piobaire

Piobaire Senior member

Saw Iggy a few times, once when he opened for the Stones in the 80's. He was not well received by that crowd.

Saw Neil Young twice, once just him, a stool, a 12 string and an harmonica, once with Crazy Horse.

Excellent call on Queen. Never got to see them live.

Dead Can Dance
    Portishead
    Emerson, Lake, and Palmer

3. DukesofStratosphear

DukesofStratosphear Well-Known Member

The Beatles.

XTC (see avatar) before Andy Partridge had a mental breakdown and called time on touring forever.

Jellyfish.

4. Nantucket Red

Nantucket Red Senior member

5. aportnoy

aportnoy Senior member Dubiously Honored

XTC (see avatar) before Andy Partridge had a mental breakdown and called time on touring forever.

Saw them on the Black Sea tour in 1981 and it was great, but Partridge was noticeably uncomfortable on stage even then.

6. DukesofStratosphear

DukesofStratosphear Well-Known Member

Saw them on the Black Sea tour in 1981 and it was great, but Partridge was noticeably uncomfortable on stage even then.

Wow, amazing [​IMG]

I suppose their studio-bound status upon quitting touring made their records more 'epic' sonically, but, yeah, would have loved to have seen them in their touring prime, just (loud) drums, guitars and bass.

7. Britalian

Britalian Senior member

In my lifetime: Miles, Blakey, Bobby Short, Chet Baker
    Before : Trane, Monk, Ayler

8. BaaBaaBlackFleece

BaaBaaBlackFleece Active Member

Jerry Garcia. I've seen all of the recent dead side projects, but I was 14 when he died, and just missed out on seeing a show with my dad on the final tour.

I've also seen David Byrne twice now, but would love to have seen the Heads back in their prime.

Finally, not musicians, but there are a lot of stand-up artists that would have been great to see. I missed out on Carlin, which is really too bad. Bill hicks would have great too.