• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Perfect Proportions

LooseChange

Reaction score
Hey guys, I'm doing a little study on the proportions of clothes and how they relate to heigh and what not.

So here is what I need. Please post pictures of guys you've seen, be it on SF or the runway, or random shots of celebrities, who in your opinion have the perfect proportions. I'm not talking about the physical/muscle proportions, but rather the ratios created by their clothing; i.e. tops:bottoms, sleeve length:exposed arm, shorts:exposed leg, shirt length:distance from wrist, etc.

My main focus is to find the "perfect" proportions desired by average height to tall men. I'm looking at what different ratios make someone appear bigger/taller/smaller/etc.

The majority of pictures should come from a streetwear esthetic, but I could also use some more formal looks.

EDIT: Hehe, couldn't help but notice my awesome post count.

tagutcow

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by keykoo
1/φ

I dunno... I would call that "stocky".

nox

Reaction score
Originally Posted by LooseChange
EDIT: Hehe, couldn't help but notice my awesome post count.

No more posting for you!

sbbbjm

Reaction score
well it doesn't hurt that its male model will chalker who has perfect proportions IMHO, but what i think i like about these sihlouettes is that they accentuate the desirable v-shape and are cinched in perfectly where they are supposed to be. even with the slightly boxy and relaxed suit 3rd from the left their is still that general form.

LooseChange

Reaction score
Originally Posted by keykoo
1/φ

eh.gif
I don't get it...

Tarmac

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by sbbbjm
well it doesn't hurt that its male model will chalker who has perfect proportions IMHO, but what i think i like about these sihlouettes is that they accentuate the desirable v-shape and are cinched in perfectly where they are supposed to be. even with the slightly boxy and relaxed suit 3rd from the left their is still that general form.

wtf??????
lol8[1].gif
lol8[1].gif

tagutcow

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Please to stop explaining our nerd humor.

Why did the mathematician get Halloween and Christmas confused?
Because OCT 31 = DEC 25 LOLOLOLOLOL!!!

keykoo

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Nice to see there are some mathematicians and cs nerds around here XD

tagutcow

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by LooseChange
... I don't get any of this ...

That's because you're not a nerd. Go back to hanging out with leggy, statuesque girls while we sneer derisively at you behind your back and cry ourselves to sleep.

izlat

Reaction score
this IS too funny!

I am actually glad I got both instantly because I come from the Lib Arts scene

now if only I could make a decent joke on the Fibonacci series
smile.gif

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.3%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 87 38.2%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.5%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 36 15.8%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.8%

Forum statistics

Threads