• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Perfect fitting jeans

theom-

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I am looking for some jeans that have a very slim, but not skinny cut. Any brands to suggest? I would like the fit in the thigh to be close but not skin tight. On the calf it would be great to have the fabric right up against the skin but not making it so my calf is defined by the jeans. I have tried numerous brands and there are a couple that I like but they are way out of my price range. Diesel thanaz fit great along with some fits from byCorpus. Right now I've got some skinny jeans, which the fit is decent, but I want something a little more refined. I'd also like something that has a little space in the crotch thigh region for a wallet, phone, and urm, other junk.

Measurements: My normal size in jeans is either 28 29 or 30 depending on the brand. I've got AA slim slacks in 29.
All in inches
Hips (about three inches below belly button, where my jeans waist band goes): 32
Waist ( once inch below belly button): 29
Mid-Thigh: 19.5
Above knee: 14.5
Calf (fullest part): 14

I'm about 5' 8" or 5' 9" and weigh 135.

Dolorosa

Reaction score
I wish I could help but I'm in the same boat ... always on the lookout for that perfect pair of jeans. I just scored some Earnest Sewn Fulton's that I'm stoked on but time will tell how they work out in the long run through wearing and whatnot.

Pilot

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
post up some of yor measurements. petite standards might be right up your alley. or new cures depending on how skinny you are

Deluks917

Reaction score
Kicking mule workshop 1980 is the fit you are looking for.

evilgeniusdan

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
It helps to measure some of the jeans you may currently own that fit you well, with considerations for what you want adjusted.

JoelF

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Deluks917

+1. They say size down 1 on these. I did that to start but now I'm liking 1980s sized down 2 much better.

KenN

Reaction score
Originally Posted by Deluks917

These are generally way out of a non-enthusiast's budget.

APC New Standard or New Cure might be what the OP is looking for. Budget denim with a decent straight or skinny cut. Size 2 down for a good fit.

evanrose

Reaction score
I swear by Levi's 514s which do exactly for me what you seem to want for yourself. Check 'em out.

WayneGibbous

Reaction score
PC New Cure, Imperial Shearers, Levi's 511, Nudie Thin Finn or Grim Tim pretty much anything by Cheap Monday or Gayprils.

Vashin

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I really love the fit of the SDA-103 though the hem may be a bit big for your liking.

Jekyll

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by KenN
These are generally way out of a non-enthusiast's budget.

APC New Standard or New Cure might be what the OP is looking for. Budget denim with a decent straight or skinny cut. Size 2 down for a good fit.

lolwut? That's the first time I've heard ~$150 jeans described as budget.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 91 37.4%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 37.0%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.7%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 40 16.5%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.6%

Forum statistics

Threads