Perception of young guy smoking cigars.

Discussion in 'Social Life, Food & Drink, Travel' started by ozymandias, Oct 1, 2009.

1. Unbreakable

Unbreakable Senior member

You're young, you should be doing Cuervo shots out of the waitress's asshole in the back alley.

I like your thinking on this!

but back on topic. I'll be 28 later this month and I've been enjoying cigars, bourbons, and scotches for years now. nothing wrong with it as long as you enjoy it. Fuck what other people think and how they perceive you.

2. MrG

MrG Senior member

I think it's the same as anything else that could make one look like a tool. Conspicuous consumption makes you look like you're trying too hard; doing it in the right context because you genuinely enjoy it does not. If you're at a dive with your friends and you order a high-dollar scotch and smoke an expensive cigar while they're drinking Bud Light and smoking Marlboros you're going to look like the guy who wants everyone to know he has expensive taste, regardless of age. On the other hand, enjoying a cigar after a nice meal or at a cigar bar is no different for a 20-something than it is for a 40-something.

3. Connemara

Connemara [URL='http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6jST2Sv63WQ']

Did randal teach you?
    [​IMG] [​IMG]

4. Fuuma

Fuuma Franchouillard Modasse

I think it looks great with their untucked stripped shirts and dockers.

5. randallr

randallr Senior member

6. edmorel

edmorel Quality Seller!! Dubiously Honored

I smoke 100's

this isn't a pink cigar threak.

Or is it [​IMG]

7. Flambeur

Flambeur Senior member

What the fuck is this stupid thread? If you enjoy it, it doesn't matter if you're 20 or 40. Most of my cigar smoking is done outdoors on my own, or on the deck/balcony/rooftop or something. Smoking cigars at bars/parties/restaurants gets some people pissed off and I don't wanna ruin someone's night, so usually I don't do that.

8. JohnGalt

JohnGalt Senior member

What the fuck is this stupid thread? If you enjoy it, it doesn't matter if you're 20 or 40. Most of my cigar smoking is done outdoors on my own, or on the deck/balcony/rooftop or something. Smoking cigars at bars/parties/restaurants gets some people pissed off and I don't wanna ruin someone's night, so usually I don't do that.

QFT

9. Agnacious

Agnacious Senior member

Anti-social douchebag. though admittedly, I think that no matter what the age.

10. AntiHero84

AntiHero84 Senior member

This.

11. texas_jack

texas_jack Senior member

Did randal teach you?

He was probably 1 year old at that point.

12. Viktri

Viktri Senior member

1+

No need to be the special flower. Why be the guy who orders a scotch when everyone is drinking from pitchers.

13. Flambeur

Flambeur Senior member

1+

No need to be the special flower. Why be the guy who orders a scotch when everyone is drinking from pitchers.

I don't give a fuck what everyone else is drinking, if i want a scotch, I'll get a fucking scotch. Why should I get a beer if I want a scotch? Just to fit in? It's not like I am fucking sitting there going "Scotchy scotch scotch.. so tasty.. look at those poor losers drinking beer"

14. ama

ama Senior member

scotch ≠ fun

15. IUtoSLU

IUtoSLU Senior member

I don't give a fuck what everyone else is drinking, if i want a scotch, I'll get a fucking scotch. Why should I get a beer if I want a scotch? Just to fit in? It's not like I am fucking sitting there going "Scotchy scotch scotch.. so tasty.. look at those poor losers drinking beer"

+1

Why do I have to try to fit in if I know what I like? I don't make a habit of going to blue collar bars and ordering cognac, but if I'm in a situation like that, I'm going to order what I like, which probably isn't what everyone else is drinking.