• We would like to welcome Pete and Harry as an official Affiliate Vendor. Pete and Harry, co-founded by Erik (EFV) one of our long time members and friends, offers a wide variety of products, clothes, watches and accessories, antique, vintage, “pre-loved” and new - all at unparalleled prices. Please visit their new thread and give them a warm welcome.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

People's Choice Awards 2014 Style - Michael Weatherly vs. Robert Downey, Jr.

mensimageconsultant

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

mensimageconsultant

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Yes, the forum isn't what it once was.

The errors in judgment probably remain, though, as they're found on many fashion/style forums.

Viewers here very likely think Weatherly dressed better. From a technical standpoint, yes. Otherwise, no. It's People's Choice, not the Academy Awards. The traditional three-piece look is too formal and showy. Beyond that, it doesn't say anything relevant about Weatherly's lifestyle. He is a mainstream American actor, not landed gentry. Well, the look does say he is financially successful. Meanwhile, his counterpart's eccentric personality and reputation are summed up well by his clothing, which manages the correct level of formality for the event.

Last edited:

jrd617

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
I think the better question is who watches the peoples choice awards? :D

LaymanX

Reaction score
I think the reason no one replied is because both outfits look horribad.

mensimageconsultant

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Weatherly's clothing looked better on stage, but it was hard to find any pictures. His arms in the image included make the fit seem bad. Tie and pocket square coordination was questionable, but still technically the whole look would have rated better than what Robert Downey Jr. wore. And yet the latter actually dressed better for the situation.

Featured Sponsor

LARGE METAL WATCHES WITH TAILORING

• Yes, I’m tacky like that.

• No way José! Dress watch with leather strap for me!

• No watch at all.

Results are only viewable after voting.