1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

People with kids - do you regret it?

Discussion in 'General Chat' started by Macallan9, Sep 19, 2012.

1. FLMountainMan

FLMountainMan Senior member

2. Kai

Kai Senior member

Kids are terrific. As Globe said, timing is key.

I know people who had a bunch of kids while they were young and going to school. It was hard on the parents, hard on the kids.

We timed it so that we had our first just as I was graduating from law school and getting my first real job.

Worked out well. We had 4 in all. They're the best part of my life and I'm really proud of all of them. They're at an age now, where the older ones are becoming my peers, and we're terrific friends.

Now, I'm looking forward to grandkids.

2 people like this.
  3. SkinnyGoomba

SkinnyGoomba Senior member

Every time I consider that I might want kids I end up witnessing some kid going completely nuts and turning over chairs and throwing food as the parents chase after it. Which usually causes me to decide that I'll wait as long as possible.

1 person likes this.
  4. lawyerdad

lawyerdad Senior member

This.

5. suited

suited Senior member

I'm 31, engaged, and the idea of kids still terrifies me. There's too much I want to do right now and in the near future, but someday I'm sure it will happen.

I have known a lot of people that grew up and never left their shitty hometown, intentionally had kids in their early 20's and will live there the rest of their lives. That baffles me, it truly does, but I guess some people are content with that.

6. NORE

NORE Senior member

The only regret, maybe I've had was not having my two boys closer together. That would, of course, have meant me dating my exwife and current wife at the same time so I guess I did OK.

The upside is one is already grown and looking for his own place (lives with his mother, currently) and the other will be an adult before I reach 50.

Last edited: Apr 12, 2013
  7. MrG

MrG Senior member

This.

After I got past the initial inclination to be disgusted by her, I realized that I just feel sorry for her.

Last edited: Apr 12, 2013
  8. Piobaire

Piobaire Senior member

She clearly is miserable and probably would have been no matter what but I think she makes some good points and also think it has to be devastating to care for a fully dependent adult child as one approaches 60. I will admit I scratch my head at a couple of our friends that had kids but seem to never spend time with them. Between school, nanny, and grandparents I am sure those kids spend maybe 25% of their total time with the parents and probably most of that time is spent sleeping. I feel some couples treat kids like pets or a decoration.