People who watch The Wire

Discussion in 'Entertainment, Culture, and Sports' started by prozach1576, Aug 9, 2007.

1. Saucemaster

Saucemaster Sized Down 2

yeah, then it sucks because you have to wait for the last season on demand.

I started watching the show right after S3 ended, and I think I polished off the entire series to that point in about a week and a half straight. Waiting every week for a new episode of S4 was torture. It's already the same way this season. [​IMG]

2. style from the heartland

style from the heartland Senior member

Anyone familiar with ANY of the ensemble of actors and their other acting roles? Anyone seen any interviews with any of the actors re: the show?

3. poly800rock

poly800rock Senior member

Anyone familiar with ANY of the ensemble of actors and their other acting roles? Anyone seen any interviews with any of the actors re: the show?

MCNulty is in a few movies I think. I've seen him. He's british..it's so weird to hear his accent.

4. Saucemaster

Saucemaster Sized Down 2

MCNulty is in a few movies I think. I've seen him. He's british..it's so weird to hear his accent.

He was in 300, actually, which just weirded me out.

5. Ambulance Chaser

Ambulance Chaser Senior member

Idris Elba, who played Stringer Bell, is British as well. He pulled off an American accent pretty well. He was in American Gangster and met a similar end there as he did in The Wire.

6. JBZ

JBZ Senior member

Frankie Faison, who plays Commissioner Burrell, has been in many movies and television shows, probably most famously as "Barney" (the prison security guard) in Silence of the Lambs.

7. poly800rock

Idris Elba, who played Stringer Bell, is British as well. He pulled off an American accent pretty well. He was in American Gangster and met a similar end there as he did in The Wire.

That, i did not know. I'll have to rewatch that movie.

8. stingray3

stingray3 Member

Lance Reddick, who plays Daniels, has been added to the cast of Lost this season.

9. limping_decorum

limping_decorum Senior member

The funny thing is this show killed The Sopranos in its first season in my opinion as far as writing and acting. And it has only gotten better. As far as people complaining that the show is to hard to follow, they don't have to look any farther than the cover of the box of season 1, "Listen Carefully".

After Season three of the Sopranos, it was shit.

10. poly800rock

The funny thing is this show killed The Sopranos in its first season in my opinion as far as writing and acting. And it has only gotten better. As far as people complaining that the show is to hard to follow, they don't have to look any farther than the cover of the box of season 1, "Listen Carefully".

After Season three of the Sopranos, it was shit.

It is confusing, but it's better character development. Sopranos is terrible compared to the wire.

11. mr monty

mr monty Senior member

12. GQgeek

GQgeek Senior member

Barksdale is hilarious. It's good to see him back if only for a small role.

Snoop still creeps me out. Chris is a vacant mfer, but snoop is just creepy.

13. Saucemaster

Saucemaster Sized Down 2

Snoop is genuinely intimidating. It probably has something to do with the actress herself growing up on the corners in Baltimore and being put away for second-degree murder at age 14.

14. GQgeek

GQgeek Senior member

Snoop is genuinely intimidating. It probably has something to do with the actress herself growing up on the corners in Baltimore and being put away for second-degree murder at age 14.

Seriously? [​IMG]

15. Saucemaster

Saucemaster Sized Down 2

Seriously? [​IMG]

Yep. The actor who plays Omar found her at a club in Baltimore, introduced her to Simon and the crew, and they ended up casting her.