• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • We would like to welcome House of Huntington as an official Affiliate Vendor. Shop past season Drake's, Nigel Cabourn, Private White V.C. and other menswear luxury brands at exceptional prices below retail. Please visit the Houise of Huntington thread and welcome them to the forum.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

People who watch The Wire

Brian278

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by mizanation
i remember when they were gonna cancel the wire and i read the following editorial:

http://www.sfgate.com/cgi-bin/articl...DG1FA8O1P1.DTL

the middle aged white man who wrote the piece wore a du-rag with an orange prison jumpsuit--perhaps, in honor of avon barksdale? i thought that was pretty cool.

dd_goodman10_jeffrey.jpg

I'm not sure if there's a joke in there I didn't get, but that's Jeffrey Tambor from AD.

Saucemaster

Sized Down 2
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Brian278
I'm not sure if there's a joke in there I didn't get, but that's Jeffrey Tambor from AD.

*cough* Click the link *cough*

Brian278

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Saucemaster
*cough* Click the link *cough*

Er, at the risk of looking stupid, I clicked the link, read the story, saw the picture, still not sure why he referred to the writer as wearing the do-rag and orange jumpsuit. Again, unless that was a joke, which I obviously didn't find humor in.

Saucemaster

Sized Down 2
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Brian278
Er, at the risk of looking stupid, I clicked the link, read the story, saw the picture, still not sure why he referred to the writer as wearing the do-rag and orange jumpsuit. Again, unless that was a joke, which I obviously didn't find humor in.

Ah, okay. Sorry, yeah, I believe it was an amusing, purposeful misrepresentation of the picture on the part of mizanation.
teacha.gif
If you didn't find it funny before, now you REALLY won't find it funny.

I miss AD terribly, while we're at it.

Brian278

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Saucemaster
Ah, okay. Sorry, yeah, I believe it was an amusing, purposeful misrepresentation of the picture on the part of mizanation.
teacha.gif
If you didn't find it funny before, now you REALLY won't find it funny.

I miss AD terribly, while we're at it.

Oh. Insinuating that the writer looked like Tambor in the jumpsuit? Got it. Yeah, no big chuckle here.

Dear God I was getting painfully nostalgic just reading the article.
frown.gif
I may have no choice but to bust out my season 2 DVD when I get home.

mizanation

Reaction score
thanks, sauce.
smile.gif
actually, i really did mistake the author for the guy in the jumpsuit. i think it's appropriate to defend myself by saying, "all middle-aged white people look the same to me!" but, that would probably go down pretty bad around here. i kid, i kid. now that i see it's the guy from AD, the pic offers a whole new level of deepness in respect to the article. i guess he had the guy pose as avon or omar just for the editorial?

loveandhate

Reaction score
Here are the season 5 promo clips... I can't wait.

Carcetti

Marlo

Omar

McNulty
laugh.gif
Gotta love him.

Handlethevibe

Reaction score
Another great scene/cute little quirk was when both Stringer Bell and Bunny Colvin are about to get offed, figuratively speaking. Stringer at the hands of Omar and Bunny being sent off by Deputy Commissioner Rawls. Right before their respective Guillotines are about to drop they both say, "Get on with it motherfucker". I just love little subtleties like this.
laugh.gif

Saucemaster

Sized Down 2
Reaction score
^^ I remember being impressed with that at the time. The writing is so consistently solid.

mr monty

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
The Wire on DVD

Season 1,2,3, and 4 @Borders.

Selling for $59 per set and Borders has a 40% coupon (Dec 18th and 19th. only)
Final cost is $36 plus your local sales tax.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 55 36.7%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 59 39.3%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 15 10.0%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 26 17.3%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 26 17.3%

Forum statistics

Threads