People who brag about having "totally awesome cooking skills" but they don't

Discussion in 'General Chat' started by Azraelscross, Aug 17, 2009.

1. DNW

DNW Senior member

just remember. everyone starts out a small-timer. humbleness is a virtue. gentlemen of a higher class should have this virtue

It warms me cockles that you regard me as gentleman of a higher class. [​IMG]

2. sho'nuff

sho'nuff grrrrrrrr!!

yeah, i say i cook. yeah, maybe i can say that i can cook a mean mac and cheez. perhaps a ramen and an omelette.
    so what? it's the end of the world , right?

uh...ok.. so what are you fishing at?

3. Azraelscross

Azraelscross Well-Known Member

There are threads to talk about cooking. Or start your own if necessary. But starting a thread to dish on someone none of us know or care about is the equivalent of asking how to tell someone your jackets are made on Savile Row in the MC forum. It makes you look like you're looking for attention or respect; the former only comes by chance on SF, the latter, never.
    it was a joke btw*just that post*. i should start putting jk next to posts like that or something all i wanted was to hear if anyone had similar stories. not a big deal. not looking for attention and respect. i'm used to not having any of that anyways

4. JayJay

JayJay Senior member

I have a good friend who boasts about how she loves to cook, and is good at it. However, in the dozens of times I've eaten in her house, her husband has prepared every meal.

5. unjung

unjung Senior member

it was a joke btw*just that post*. i should start putting jk next to posts like that or something

all i wanted was to hear if anyone had similar stories. not a big deal. not looking for attention and respect. i'm used to not having any of that anyways

Your entire life is jk. jk.

6. MrG

MrG Senior member

Am I the only one that does not give a fuck whether another dude can cook or not?

No. I really couldn't care less either, and I enjoy cooking/consider myself a pretty good cook. As far as I'm concerned it just means I won't have to go over to their house for cookouts, which means I can have my own.

7. Piobaire

Piobaire Not left of center?

I just want to know how you feed 10 people scallops for $30.

8. Thomas

Thomas Senior member

I have a good friend who boasts about how she loves to cook, and is good at it. However, in the dozens of times I've eaten in her house, her husband has prepared every meal.

When she says she cooks, she really means she plans and supervises. My wife's the same way re: yardwork.

9. AR_Six

AR_Six "Sookie!"

Isn't this all relative? I know plenty of people in comparison to whom I have totally awesome cooking skills.

10. MrG

MrG Senior member

Not just scallops. He cooked "a spinach salad with a red wine vinaigrette and scallops with lemon white sauce on a bed of lemon pepper linguine" for under $30.

My guess? "Scallops" = "shark meat cut into little circles"

11. Azraelscross

you don't put many scallops on. it doesn't take many scallops when you have filling pasta. they were 50% off

12. odoreater

odoreater Senior member

*yes* degenerated into spam. my mission is done

and it appears odoreater that you are. i care because i happen to like cooking and finding people to talk about cooking with is nice

except that the whole point of this thread is not to talk about cooking or people who know about cooking, but rather for you to dish on some guy about his lacking skills in an effort to make yourself seem superior.

I enjoy cooking. I watch the cooking shows. I cook for my wife. But, I don't particularly care if some other dude would rather cook mac n cheese than seared scallops. And apparently, I'm not the only one.

The whole concept of this thread is retarded. End of story.

and btw - you are not using the word "spam" correctly there chief.

13. Azraelscross

except that the whole point of this thread is not to talk about cooking or people who know about cooking, but rather for you to dish on some guy about his lacking skills in an effort to make yourself seem superior.

I enjoy cooking. I watch the cooking shows. I cook for my wife. But, I don't particularly care if some other dude would rather cook mac n cheese than seared scallops. And apparently, I'm not the only one.

The whole concept of this thread is retarded. End of story.

and btw - you are not using the word "spam" correctly there chief.

whatever. obviously no one here has enough thinking power to see i'm not dishing him out. if i meant it that way it would be much more obvious. so fuck it. close it. whatever[​IMG]

14. MrG

MrG Senior member

whatever. obviously no one here has enough thinking power to see i'm not dishing him out. if i meant it that way it would be much more obvious. so fuck it. close it. whatever[​IMG]

You're incorrect - I have enough "thinking power" to understand, I just prefer to use it to bend spoons, control the Matrix, etc.

Incidentally, this thread is not going to close because you got your panties in a bind. I am, however, willing to bet it's on a fast track to DT.

15. Azraelscross

well they weren't in a bind. but they sure as hell are now. thanks odereater. another asshole thats mission seems to be to make me feel like shit