• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

people who ***** about tipping are scum?

Van Veen

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
I have a 4.25 Uber rating and now I’m pissed. (I only have 7 trips... I use Lyft over Uber, but you can’t see your rating.) I’ve never rated a driver lower than 5.

Piobaire

Not left of center?
Reaction score
I have a 4.95 rating...suck it biatch!

Joffrey

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
I never tip and have no problem getting rides (lyft or Uber)...

Bhowie

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Rarely do I tip. 4.85 rating

2DF81765-FF30-49E1-A6C4-8DC0E0369E0A.png

Piobaire

Not left of center?
Reaction score
Where is that screen at? When I pull up "Your Trips" I get a little map of my trips.

Van Veen

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
If you order two drinks at a slow, busy bar, pay cash, and the bartender doesn’t make change to tip more than $1, is it wrong to leave the dollar (or less) and walk away?

Harold falcon

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Not wrong, but not ideal. In those situations I always ask the bartendress to break the change up.

Van Veen

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Not wrong, but not ideal. In those situations I always ask the bartendress to break the change up.

I tried. She had already moved onto the next customer and I couldn't get her attention.

She also gave me pennies for change, which I hate. Most decent bars at least round to the nickel for cash payment.

RedLantern

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
nah, as a waiter, I can tell you that service industry people know the risks when they dont take the extra time to break up change when that change isnt sufficient to leave an adequate tip - you're within your rights to leave a ****** tip in this scenario.

Bhowie

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
nah, as a waiter, I can tell you that service industry people know the risks when they dont take the extra time to break up change when that change isnt sufficient to leave an adequate tip - you're within your rights to leave a ****** tip in this scenario.

Agree.

romafan

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
What irks me are bartenders who try to imply you should overtip by breaking up the change to a ridiculous degree. This weekend we were waiting for dinner and I got my wife and myself a couple of glasses of wine (kids said they didn't want anything). Bill was just under $21 and I left $25. Maitre d' says it will be a few more minutes - kids decide they want cokes. 2 tiny flat sodagun cokes that are mostly ice cubes: $6. I put down another $20 and get $14 in singles...:rolleyes2:

RedLantern

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Nah, youre getting your jimmies ruffled over nothing there. You got correct change. What's the alternative, a ten and 4 ones? Makes no difference to the implied tip.

romafan

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Yes, a ten and 4 ones! I would have taken the ten and left him the singles. But no, he had to give me a huge stack of soaking wet singles to make sure 'I had enough to leave a proper tip', so he got the wettest one.

RedLantern

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
No, youre missing the point. There's no way that person was expecting or hoping for a tip of more than $4 on $6 in soda. You're free to be annoyed that you didn't get "colored up" in your change - but the reason was not tip related.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.3%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 87 38.2%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.5%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 36 15.8%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.8%

Forum statistics

Threads