• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

people who ***** about tipping are scum?

scarphe

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Have any moderate rabbis endorsed what you wrote? I need to know in order to determine a proper response.

i know one extremist rabbi and mulla have, is that sufficient?

scarphe

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

MAID?

YOU OUCHO MIND?

My maid earns about 25$ an hour. Minimum wage ******.

you pay your maid 25$ an hour? you are getting ripped off unless she provides other services as well.

idfnl

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score

you pay your maid 25$ an hour? you are getting ripped off unless she provides other services as well.

No man. I dont need such services.

She is a pro, does excellent work and is trustworthy.

I am happy to pay $25 an hour considering she has a key to my house.

scarphe

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

No man. I dont need such services.

She is a pro, does excellent work and is trustworthy.

I am happy to pay $25 an hour considering she has a key to my house.

well your maid makes in a day more than mine do in a month.

Last edited:

scarphe

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

it isn't uncommon for a professional live-in housekeeper to earn $50k+ annually

jesus ******* christ....
again i may be wrong but i doubt they do more work than mine who probably make about $3300* a year.

*averaging for fluxations in exchange rates

Last edited:

mordecai

Immoderator
Reaction score
My housekeeper makes $100 a month for two visits. We don't see her work, but I am convinced she is done in two hours. We have a small place.

CouttsClient

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

jesus ******* christ....
again i may be wrong but i doubt they do more work than mine who probably make about $3300* a year.

*averaging for fluxations in exchange rates

I think you may be wrong but I haven't seen your property nor do I understand what your needs are

blahman

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I heard maids in the Philippines are dirt cheap and just about every household has at least one.

Last edited:

musicguy

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
The going rate for a maid in Chile is about 8,000 CLP (under 20 bucks) for around 4 hours of work. My sis pays 10k (20 bucks). The maid cleans the whole place, does laundry and irons everything and cooks meals for them. When she facuums, she pays her 15k. She does a good job, but I'm not a fan of her cooking. Everything is really overdone. Pasta is a glob and veggies are mush. My sis doesn't seem to mind. I'll get a maid once I get settled. It'll be nice not to have to do my laundry or clean.

Last edited:

Kajak

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Scarpe, please note that there is a difference between Canada/USA/UK/Europe and countries with lower costs of living. Paying someone $25 when they are trustworthy enough not to steal from you is worth it when minimum wage is 8 bucks/hr. If minimum wage is <$2? Maybe not.

Likewise, a construction grunt easily makes twice to 2.5x minimum wage after a few months. Of course, that could be an artifact of Vancouver's currently obscene real estate market. You clearly are out of touch with how North America works...

And lastly, its not an issue of "how much they know" or "how hard they work"; its an issue of "what is their job worth". I HATE tidying up. I think $100 a week would be a reasonable sum to not have to do much of the asinine cleaning - like washing windows/dusting/ etc. Likewise, if you're a contractor earning ~$1+K/day, paying out $25 in wages to attract decent workers makes sense.

As for servers? Estimate that 20% of your bill is going to making your night go smoothly, and is just how things work. I'm willing to spend 20% of what my meal is ticketed at to pay for good service.

jimmyfingers

Reaction score
What happens when a 'big timer' like Lil Wayne goes to a club and racks up a 50,000K bill? How does this work for the waitress?

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 86 38.1%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 35 15.5%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.9%

Forum statistics

Threads