1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

People doing weird things in public

Discussion in 'General Chat' started by FidelCashflow, Jun 10, 2009.

1. AntiHero84

AntiHero84 Senior member

I've only been working in New York for three weeks or so, but so far I've seen... A chubby guy, shirtless and sweating leaning over a railing of the scaffolding near the Bull on Broadway. As I got closer he shouts, "FORTY THREE FUCKIN' YEARS OLD!" I quickly averted my eyes and walked past, but I think he noticed me. Tons of people were walking on the same sidewalk. It was around noon on a weekday. A security dog humping its handler just off of Wall Street. I wish I had my camera out in time. [​IMG]

2. Master-Classter

Master-Classter Senior member

Cologne, Germany. Old woman with a net catching pigeons... Couldn't stop laughing (I assume she wasn't crazy, but then again...) [​IMG]

3. globetrotter

globetrotter Senior member

Cologne, Germany. Old woman with a net catching pigeons... Couldn't stop laughing (I assume she wasn't crazy, but then again...)

[​IMG]

good eating

4. whiteslashasian

whiteslashasian Senior member

One time on the subway from Brooklyn there was a crazy old guy with really long hair growing out of his ears and nose asking everyone who looked at him "Do you know the location of the moon?" and before the person could answer he'd respond "59th st Columbus Circle". He'd then continue to mutter to himself so low I couldn't hear over the subway noise.

It was kind of funny because at every stop we'd get new people who'd come into the car and look at him, then he'd go off with his question.

5. thats.mana

thats.mana Senior member

I've seen a crack whore and john walking one way, maybe 10 minutes later he's running back, full sprint with her behind him, carrying a big ass knife and ripped shorts.

I was driving with my ex and decided to take a short cut, the short cut just happens to be through the wrost part of town. I remember explaining to her that it's fairly safe and you might see weird shit and just as I finished my sentence, we see this huge fat guy with no shirt and pants down to his ankles. He apperently did not believe in underwear. She never allowed me to take that shortcut with her in the car again.

6. tagutcow

tagutcow Senior member

I was driving with my ex and decided to take a short cut, the short cut just happens to be through the wrost part of town. I remember explaining to her that it's fairly safe and you might see weird shit and just as I finished my sentence, we see this huge fat guy with no shirt and pants down to his ankles. He apperently did not believe in underwear. She never allowed me to take that shortcut with her in the car again.

This has "Life in These United States" written all over it.

7. texas_jack

texas_jack Senior member

I was driving downtown late one night with some friends in highschool. I saw a shirtless guy crossing the street at an angle and I said jokingly to my friends, "if that guy comes over here I'm blowing this light.". Dude walked up to my open window and let out a stream of jibberish. I smoked my tires.

8. Zenny

Zenny Senior member

IMPORTANT NOTICE: No media files are hosted on these forums. By clicking the link below you agree to view content from an external website. We can not be held responsible for the suitability or legality of this material. If the video does not play, wait a minute or try again later. I AGREE

TIP: to embed Youtube clips, put only the encoded part of the Youtube URL, e.g. eBGIQ7ZuuiU between the tags.

9. voxsartoria

voxsartoria Senior member

In the late nineties, I saw a woman defecate on a sidewalk in the Haight.

Later that afternoon, the turd was still there.

- B

10. itsstillmatt

itsstillmatt Senior member Dubiously Honored

In the late nineties, I saw a woman defecate on a sidewalk in the Haight.

Later that afternoon, the turd was still there.

- B

Weird is culturally relative concept. That is not weird.

11. FidelCashflow

FidelCashflow Senior member

seen people getting shaved, massaged, having dental work, having their ears cleaned, getting haricuts
    Roadside barbers/dentists FTW! [​IMG] [​IMG]

12. Piobaire

Piobaire Senior member

Seen shitty diapers get changed, and the dirty stuff just tossed to the ground (common practice in certain places).

Seen a guy punching himself, re: Fightclub scene where you figure out he's crazy

Seen a car load of hotties pull up at a light, one gets out, hikes up her skirt and let's splash.

Seen all kinds of sex (some going solo, some with a partner)

Shooting up was always a little weird to see

13. FidelCashflow

FidelCashflow Senior member

I once went to the John Lobb factory in Northampton. Walking back towards the train station I was thinking to myself "what a nice quiet little town" when a garbage truck drove by, a guy stuck his head out and yelled "I'LL FUCKING KILL YOU!!!" It was only me and 1 other guy walking down the street, and he didn't even seem to notice.

14. acidboy

acidboy Senior member

I've seen 10 year olds and younger sniffing glue, a dog being slaughtered and roasted, defecations, purse snatchings and last week, a bunch of construction workers on their break holding down one of their pals while a guy is pulling his pants off.

15. bramiro

bramiro Well-Known Member

- Seen a woman carrying a baby whilst holding a knife as well. We were assuming that the woman wasn't sane and the child was kidnapped.

- Was riding on a jeep with a friend and there's this woman who was crazy if I am not mistaken. She was holding a rosary and mumbling nonsense non stop and other passengers were looking at her as well. I was even thinking that there might be a hidden camera somewhere and that were in a gag show.[​IMG]

- Kids sniffing rugby outside.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

16. Stu

Stu Senior member

One time when I lived in San Juan, a midget ran out in the street and kamakazied my car, bouncing into the side of it, just past the driver's side door, and bounced back off with a crazy leer on his face like nothing had ever happened.

That encounter pretty much changed my life.

17. AntiHero84

AntiHero84 Senior member

On my ride home last night, some old crazy lady loudly blessed the subway car. I assume she was quoting scripture. Very graphic "Blood of Christ," type scripture. Everyone completely ignored her, as if it happened everyday. Even a five-year-old was completely unfazed by the occurrence.

18. whusurdadi

whusurdadi Senior member

Every day on my way home from work, there's this old african american lady holding a sign at the bus stop saying, "repent, the messiah and lord jesus is coming" - no matter what - in rain, snow, heat...

19. closetmess

closetmess Senior member

We in Toronto are proud to have "Zanta", who is a 30-40 something dude who wears a santa hat, no shirt and is commonly found on the Subway. He is famous for his pushups all over the place. Wikipedia here and a 15 min documentary here. Good readin/watching. He turned into this character on account of his daughter being taken.

20. Spatlese

Spatlese Senior member

I've seen 10 year olds and younger sniffing glue, a dog being slaughtered and roasted, defecations, purse snatchings and last week, a bunch of construction workers on their break holding down one of their pals while a guy is pulling his pants off.

Just another manic Monday in Manila?

Something I remember walking up Toronto's Yonge St was a guy walking his dog...in a baby stroller. The dog was strapped in like you would, erm, I guess, a baby.