1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

Pens

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by A Harris, May 30, 2004.

1. Wrenkin

Wrenkin Senior member

Rhodia Webnotebook in black. There are a couple versions floating around, so get the newer one with heavier paper.

2. Harold falcon

Harold falcon Senior member

Field Notes are nice.

http://fieldnotesbrand.com/

3. black_umbrella

black_umbrella Senior member

Since nobody has suggested this I'd say Parker 45. Pretty much bullet-proof and only 40 bucks.

However, you really should be OK with a bottle filler. It's got ritual to it and then you can buy a Hero 100. Which, with the exception of a couple of tiny issues, is possibly the best budget pen on the planet. A Parker 51 with all the extra good parts of a Parker 61.

4. Philip1209

Philip1209 Well-Known Member

I collect fountain pens. My favorite is a custom-made Edison Pearl with an 18k gold nib that I had engraved with a fleur-de-lis that my grandparents bought me when I became an Eagle Scout. A second favorite is a Pelikan M800. My day-to-day pen for lectures is a Pilot-Namiki Vanishing Point Pen.

5. KlezmerBlues

KlezmerBlues Senior member

Well great minds and all of that… I collect and use fountain pens. I don't know if that makes me a buff. I haven't tried Bexley's pens, but the Corona looks nice (as I'm partial to piston fillers). I'm on the other side of the spectrum as my handwriting demands very fine nibs, and unfortunately Bexley don't manufacture nibs in xf or xxf. As for american made pens I do have a penchant for Edison Pen Company and of course vintage Easterbrooks.

Or the 4 C: Canteo, Cartesio, CIAK, Clairefontaine. They all manufacture notebooks that are much better choices for fountain pen users. Rhodia is actually owned by Clairefontaine, and the Rhodia Webnotebook 90g uses Clairefontaine paper.

6. ddonicht

ddonicht Senior member

The last pen I bought was made by a guy I know locally. His name is Heath Brandenburg. He has a web site for them but I don't remember what it is off the top of my head. His google account has some pics of his work. I believe he sells them for $180 or so.
    https://plus.google.com/117774284537823693603/posts

7. L.R.

L.R. Senior member

The Hero 100 is gorgeous. I'm going to have to take a look at in person before I commit, but the black lacquer one makes me want it.