• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Penny loafers and jeans?

polar-lemon

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
In the past I have disliked the look of penny loafers with jeans, thinking that there was no combination where a pair of boots/bluchers (Alden longwings or equivalent) wouldn't look better. However, after seeing Vox's recent post of a BF DB blazer, I thought that a penny loafer might look good in a similar context:

460187915_pbs4D-X2.jpg

If it is in this "ironic" configuration, would the loafer have to be of the moc-toe, rounded-last classic style? Would a sleeker, chisel-toed last look out of place? I know Phat Guido has occasionally worn some with jeans, but we haven't seen them for a while. In the spring/summer, an OCBD and jeans might just be perfectly complimented with a penny loafer. Thoughts?

emmanuel

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I wear loafers with jeans all the time. However with a double breasted blazer I would have reached for oxfords. I would have been very "dressed up" from head to toe but thrown jeans into the mix for a twist. Shirt, tie, db blazer, colorful pocket square, jeans (no cuff), oxfords, colorful socks. Love it!

kryn13

Reaction score
Loafers would be fine. Penny, tassle, hell, even kiltie.

JFKJean

Reaction score
Please nix those cuffs

Originally Posted by emmanuel
I wear loafers with jeans all the time. However with a double breasted blazer I would have reached for oxfords. I would have been very "dressed up" from head to toe but thrown jeans into the mix for a twist. Shirt, tie, db blazer, colorful pocket square, jeans (no cuff), oxfords, colorful socks. Love it!

++++1 I have tan penny loafers that I love to wear with my slimmer jeans and to me it just gives off a French aesthetic, a classic look with a modern twist...its one of those looks I'd love to continuously wear with little variations for the rest of my adult life

bluemagic

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Many of my WAYWTs have penny loafers and jeans.

bluemagic

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I'm trying to lose weight. I think it will be noticeable by the next time I post a WAYWT.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.5%

Forum statistics

Threads