1. I'd like to announce that animated avatars are now available again. You'll have to reload, but they are once more possible.

We've been doing a ton of work behind the scenes. The site load speed was already under 1/2 of what Huddler's was, on average, and we installed cloudflare, which means that the site should be even faster. A ton more will go on in the weeks and months to come, and some things will be more visibile, and some less.

Cheers,

Fok.

Dismiss Notice

Pen Stripe Slacks....What to wear with them for a more casual yet business look?

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by ThePhotographer, Nov 30, 2012.

Tags:
  1. ThePhotographer

ThePhotographer New Member

I have these pen stripe slacks that I'm finally able to fit in! Just don't know what to wear with them. I know a tucked in, solid buttoned up collared top w/ a tie would look nice, but I'm looking for something that would look good without having to be tucked in. Any suggestions?

2. msulinski

msulinski Senior member

Do you mean pinstripe? If you lurk a bit more, you will find that most here don't wear pinstripe pants unless they are part of a pinstripe suit, as they will tend to look like orphaned suit pants. Check out this thread about patterned pants:
    http://www.styleforum.net/t/293534/in-praise-but-also-suspicion-of-patterned-pants

Also, avoid wearing a tie without a jacket. As for an untucked shirt, I can't see this very casual look going well with (what I imagine to be) somewhat more formal pants.