• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Pen Ink in the Wash

KJT

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
So my g/f was doing some laundry which included several pairs of my khakis. A pen ended up in the washer and bled all over the pants. We used a ton of shout and stuff while the pants were wet and got a lot of the ink out, but there are still purple marks in a lot of places. Do you guys know anything else I can do to get them out?

Sucks...

Star

Reaction score
A person I had lunch with yesterday coincidentally mentioned he got ink out by applying toothpaste. He didn't go into detail how you apply it but it worked on ink marks he had on a shirt. You may want to try one of the search engines for the exact method.

Would you be kind enough to explain your Avatar?

emmanuel

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
What is it with toothpaste! I have heard so many things that toothpaste is supposed to fix! Once I was told to put toothpaste on a pimple... didnt work out too well...

Star

Reaction score
Originally Posted by emmanuel
What is it with toothpaste! I have heard so many things that toothpaste is supposed to fix! Once I was told to put toothpaste on a pimple... didnt work out too well...

Supposedly works on the teeth also.

mdg137

Reaction score
What kind of pen? Fountain pen, balloint?

Amodex for fountain pen ink, really cheap hairspray removes ballpoint ink (use a lot, it takes a bit of time)...

Cary Grant

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Removing ink BEFORE it has been washed and dried is one thing. AFTER it has been laundered? Good luck. You might try taking a pair to a professional cleaner and see what they say.

JayJay

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Shout worked for me but it was a small amount of ink. I applied Shout, washed, then applied more Shout and washed again. I didn't allow the shirt to dry until the ink was gone.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 91 37.8%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 89 36.9%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 25 10.4%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 40 16.6%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.8%

Forum statistics

Threads