• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Peluso Shoes

antirabbit

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Does anyone know much about this maker?
What is the quality level?
What forum loved makers would Peluso be akin to?
Thank you in advance!

Toiletduck

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
They have lots of Peluso's in HK. The models aren't that well made at all, and I would say they are probably a bit fashion forward compared to typical SFers tastes.

acidboy

Stylish Dinosaur
Spamminator Moderator
Reaction score
I got a pair of Peluso double monks late last year from yoox. It says Peluso Napoli, goodyear welted and looked solid to me.
img4464wk8.jpg
low-quality pic. sorry.

maomao1980

Distinguished Member
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
They are OK shoes. I would say comparable to Cheany both quality and price wise. They of course have many different lines, with both conservative and way-out-there lasts and many methods of construction. They usually go for 50% to 60% off during sales, that's when I would consider them.

T4phage

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
They are decent enough shoes, and I would rate them (the Goodyear versions) on the level of C&J mainline. THe Pelusos made on the "George" last are quite attractive.

maomao1980

Distinguished Member
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
Originally Posted by T4phage
They are decent enough shoes, and I would rate them (the Goodyear versions) on the level of C&J mainline. THe Pelusos made on the "George" last are quite attractive.

Any pic of the "George" last? Is this the chiseled toe elongated last?

T4phage

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by maomao1980
Any pic of the "George" last? Is this the chiseled toe elongated last?

It is slightly chiseled, but from what I recall, it was not particularly elongated. You can see their shoes on the George last on their website: http://www.fratellipeluso.com/home.html However, they only have a side view.

norcaltransplant

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I have a pair of black captoes from Peluso that were sold via To Boot/Bergdorf Goodman. They retailed in the $500-550 range. Nicely constructed shoes with an attractive bevelled waist. Lasting is relatively conservative and not as sleek as other Italian brands (the goodyear range). I would rate the uppers as being slightly inferior to C&J--they require more effort to shine and the grain is a bit larger than C&J benchgrade. Overall, an average to above average shoe in the luxury footwear market and a decent deal at (full) Yoox prices.

antirabbit

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
What is the difference between the Peluso Napoli and the Fratelli Peluso lines?
I ask as there is a pair of monks on Yoox for $94 at Yoox that I am considering, but will not pull the trigger if these are not really a great deal.
The tag says Fatte A Mano, which I take with a grain of salt.

fredrik80

Reaction score
Some of the Pelusos on yoox were specialorders for an italian store called Mario d'anna , i think that is the difference between the naming system on yoox. If you zoom in on the pictures you can probably see it written on the insole

antirabbit

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Would that mean they are then top quality? IE Peluso Napoli quality and indeed hand made?

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 91 38.2%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 88 37.0%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 25 10.5%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 38 16.0%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 37 15.5%

Forum statistics

Threads