• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Peir Wu

robinsongreen68

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
that patchwork stuff seems at odds with the clean lines of her other work. (plus, i haven't noticed any buyers picking it up?)
i wonder if you need something like that in order to stand out at trade fairs etc.

conceptionist

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

that patchwork stuff seems at odds with the clean lines of her other work. (plus, i haven't noticed any buyers picking it up?)
i wonder if you need something like that in order to stand out at trade fairs etc.

There is an artisanal series that seems to be separate from the travel series. I am not sure, but it is possible that those patchwork pieces have a connection to the former.

H Lorenzo have a couple of the pieces. FWIW I also have mixed feelings about them.

Last edited:

Francks

Reaction score
In London if I'm not mistaken she has got an exclusivity contract with Harvey Nichols for a couple of seasons (I guess it started last SS16 collection).

Also last time we met we had a lenghty chat about her vision and how she came to this kind of aesthetics (and why she chose men over women design). Very interesting.

She also mentioned the issues related to setting up a business (as a company) and complying with all the regulations in the UK/Europe. As a result she was thinking about moving her office to the US.

Last edited:

conceptionist

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
In London if I'm not mistaken she has got an exclusivity contract with Harvey Nichols for a couple of years (I guess it started last SS16 collection).

Also last time we met we had a lenghty chat about her vision and how she came to this kind of aesthetics (and why she chose men over women design). Very interesting.

She also mentioned the issues related to setting up a business (as a company) and complying with all the regulations in the UK/Europe. As a result she was thinking about moving her office to the US.

I had heard that Harvey Nichols were going to get SS17 but didn't know they had a contract for several seasons.
Solid webshop with nice terms and good customer service (I have called them a couple of times for pieces that they only have in-store), so I'm happy with that. Also good to know that some store will stock the collections for sure. The brand seems to be gaining some momentum lately with getting more stockists, doing capsule shows, etc.

Last edited:

Severisth

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Wonder how the brand's trajectory would have changed if Mr. Porter had picked Peir Wu up. Also really glad to hear about the multi-season deal with Harvey Nichols, I was really impressed when I bought from them (shipping charge was fairly reasonable, and the package got to my door in 2 days).

Francks

Reaction score
Wonder how the brand's trajectory would have changed if Mr. Porter had picked Peir Wu up. Also really glad to hear about the multi-season deal with Harvey Nichols, I was really impressed when I bought from them (shipping charge was fairly reasonable, and the package got to my door in 2 days).

I don't know if the deal with HN will continue for the next collections (the exclusivity part at least since they will indeed stock SS17)

robinsongreen68

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
@conceptionist
yes, i've seen some early artisanal pieces too so there was always that strand in her work. i didn't mean to sound critical, i've done the equivalent of 'trade fairs' (art fairs like frieze) and if you are a relatively small outfit it's probably a smart idea to have something that will catch the eye, in a way that olive coach jackets don't

Last edited:

Severisth

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Has anyone tried on the tech MA-1 from this season? Really not sure what size I should get.

conceptionist

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Has anyone tried on the tech MA-1 from this season? Really not sure what size I should get.

It seems like the jackets are meant to be worn TTS. Is there anything that hints you should size down? Because I guess you don't intend to size up. I only know that some of the shirts fit big.

What they've done with sizing is that the size 50 has become a bit larger to accommodate those who would normally get a 52 since the 52's are in no longer produced due to low demand. I don't think this affects the smaller sizes.

Severisth

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I'm mostly unsure because the plum-melange version I bought from SP a while back from FW14 in a 46 was definitely the better size for me even though I'm a 48, so I didn't know if this one was going to be the same way. That being said, figure I'll probably end up going with the 48.

conceptionist

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

I'm mostly unsure because the plum-melange version I bought from SP a while back from FW14 in a 46 was definitely the better size for me even though I'm a 48, so I didn't know if this one was going to be the same way. That being said, figure I'll probably end up going with the 48.

Ok, wasn't aware of that.
From the contact I've had with them it seems like the sizing is more consistent, proportional and acommodating to a larger variety of physiques now. For instance my SS14 collared bomber is almost too cropped for me TTS (size 50, 6'3"), although it def works, and they have been working on improving this the latest seasons.

Last edited:

leeba

Reaction score
^I can't seem to give away my bomber in a 48 -_-

Is Peir doing AW17 this year? Capsule shows and stuff are coming up

Last edited:

Severisth

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I just got in my order from HN - went true to size on the blue bomber and the zip blazer (48) and both fit perfect, glad I didn't size down on the bomber. I sized down on the wool shirt to a 46 and it also fits perfect (but don't think I'm gonna keep it). Might try and take photos this weekend

conceptionist

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
FWIW I can add that the zip shirt jacket fits weird with dropped shoulders, super wide boxy body and too short sleeves for me. The cut could maybe look good on a lanky person. Looked very off on my somewhat broader and athletic build.

The tech linen shorts that Harvey Nichols carried fit TTS meaning that a 48 should fit a 32-33 waist. My waist measures 34" and the elastic waist pulled too much.

LonerMatt

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Just bring back your online store Peir!

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.5%

Forum statistics

Threads