• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Peek-a-Boo Jesus pants

cordarounds

Reaction score
Folks: I run a pants company named Cordarounds.com. Every Fall we auction off ridiuclous one-of-a-kind clothing to pay for our Christmas party. This year's auction is headlined by pants that are made of DaVincis last supper fabric. Jesus peeks his head out of the pockets as you walk. You can find this and other funny auctions today (ends tomorrow) by enterting Cordarounds into Ebay or clicking through from our site's blog:

http://www.cordarounds.com/blog

-Chris

Purveyor, Pants
www.cordarounds.com

grimslade

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Cordarounds! I love cordarounds. Don't own any though.

cordarounds

Reaction score
My apologies for the shameless promotion. I'm just trying to get some interest going around today's auction.

-Chris @ Cordaounds

Leaveitothexperts

Reaction score
Originally Posted by cordarounds
Folks: I run a pants company named Cordarounds.com. Every Fall we auction off ridiuclous one-of-a-kind clothing to pay for our Christmas party. This year's auction is headlined by pants that are made of DaVincis last supper fabric. Jesus peeks his head out of the pockets as you walk. You can find this and other funny auctions today (ends tomorrow) by enterting Cordarounds into Ebay or clicking through from our site's blog:

http://www.cordarounds.com/blog

-Chris

Purveyor, Pants
www.cordarounds.com

Thanks for the heads up. I think that this post would have been more appropriate in the Streetwear forum

grimslade

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Originally Posted by cordarounds
My apologies for the shameless promotion. I'm just trying to get some interest going around today's auction.

-Chris @ Cordaounds

Leaveittotheexperts may be right, but I don't read streetwear, so anyway...

I should explain myself more fully. I dislike corduroy. I don't own any and don't wear it. This, I recognize, may be pure prejudice and bunkum, but I just have a hard time with the stuff. In my defense, I'll note that my youngest brother has several vintage brown (three-piece) corduroy suits and a corduroy overcoat with a fake-fur collar. So I count myself traumatized on the subject of corduroy.

What I like about cordarounds is the idea, which may exist entirely in my own head, that cordarounds represent a kind of ironic undermining of all things corduroy; a sort of post-modernist deconstruction of the very notion of corduroy-ness.

There, I've said it. I feel better now.

edmorel

Quality Seller!!
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
Originally Posted by grimslade
What I like about cordarounds is the idea, which may exist entirely in my own head, that cordarounds represent a kind of deconstruction of all things corduroy; a sort of post-modernist deconstruction of the very notion of corduroy-ness.

Sometimes corduroy pants are just corduroy pants.

grimslade

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Originally Posted by edmorel
Sometimes corduroy pants are just corduroy pants.

My therapist says the same thing. I'm not sure I believe him.

And sometimes, corduroy pants have Jesus in the pocket!

cordarounds

Reaction score
Nothing, really. They're hardly different than regular cords, they just go in the other direction. That difference, it turns out, is enough to build a business on. We're still only two people, but it's a fun gig.

I started the company on a lark and only sell them online, and I'm blown away by how many people get into the site for the sake of the fake science, stories, etc., most of which is submitted by customers these days. We play on this with auctions like todays for Last Supper pants, Blingarounds, and the Silver Fox jacket.

Anyway, thanks for your feedback. I haven't checked out forums like this until today, and it's really interesting.

-Chris

Purveyor, Pants
www.cordarounds.com

minimal

Reaction score
This *has* to be the winner for "Most Disturbing Thread Title". Ever.

grimslade

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
It's fabulous. I laugh every time I see it in the thread list.

cordarounds

Reaction score
perhaps, but only a fraction as disturbing as the trousers themselves. They are engineered with the highest technology to annoy people at holiday parties.

-Chris

Purveyor, Pants
www.cordarounds.com

Rolo

Reaction score
Like Grimslade, I love Cordarounds. Unlike Grimslade, I actually own a pair and I'm so tempted to go for the pair up for auction (Tempted? Hmmm . . . perhaps a Eden motif is in order, but I digress . . .)

Leave not these pants for the great unwashed (literally) in the streetwear forum. These are highly engineered garments that appeal to the mind as well as the heart. Indeed, consider the following fact gleaned straight from the manufacturer's web site: The wind-cheating design of these horizontal cords actually reduces the drag coefficient by 16.24%!!! I can't even fathom what the Olympic medal counts would have looked like if the East Germans had gotten ahold of these babies. Combined with my streamlined cranium, I could be looking at a land speed record.

In short, buy them, love them, enjoy the little red tag.

Rolo

acidboy

Stylish Dinosaur
Spamminator Moderator
Reaction score
wwjd? probably stick a bolt of lightning up someone's ass right about now.

P3R3

Reaction score
I want these so bad, outta my price range for sure
frown.gif

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.3%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 87 38.2%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.5%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 36 15.8%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.8%

Forum statistics

Threads