• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • We would like to welcome House of Huntington as an official Affiliate Vendor. Shop past season Drake's, Nigel Cabourn, Private White V.C. and other menswear luxury brands at exceptional prices below retail. Please visit the Houise of Huntington thread and welcome them to the forum.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Pediwear Shoes - Official Thread

pediwear

Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
@SuperMasticat

I have an update on this - it is actually more like 3-4 working days (which is what our customers report). We were reporting slightly longer during the holidays but we back to 3-4 now.

Mike

kbuzz

Reaction score
Hello mike /Pediwear

Could you provide some general info on the type of fit for the solivair Burgundy 6 Eye Derby Brogue Boot

I have heard some talk that solivair runs very wide and high volume. I have a relatively narrow fit and for example struggle with the truckers Stowe last . Any thoughts on the fit of this boot is appreciated. Thanks

pediwear

Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
Hi @kbuzz

Thank you for your enquiry. Our view would be that they run slightly wide - not 'very' wide. Generally speaking, a customer who takes a whole size would be fine taking the same size but might need to wear thicker socks or use an insole. Things can be a little more problematic with customers who would usually take a half size.

What size do you usually take in UK sized shoes. Do you have any specific examples from the brands we stock?

Kind Regards

Mike

aj2603

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Hello, I was Looking to buy a Black Oxford shoe. and have recently come across Carmina Emilio 80512 in Black on Pediwear.co.uk. Unfortunately i can't find them on the Carmina website.

Have these models been discontinued ??

pediwear

Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
Hi @aj2603
Thank you for your enquiry. This is made to order style made specifically for us and does not form part of Carmina's core range or current seasonal offerings. Were you looking for a particular size?

Mike

pediwear

Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score

New in from Grenson - The London Collection - made in the Rusden Northamptonshire factory designed with London's Square Mile in mind. Formal styles for the city - made in bookbinder leather to give a high shine finish and styled with hand paintedflourishess on the lining and soles.

We also have a new Triple Welt Style this season:

The Archies makes and appearance in black grain uppers and triple leather sole and triple welt, of course.

One more Grenson treat for you dog lovers out there:

Grenson Dog Collars? We liked them so much we wrote a blog article about our own experience with them.

More news coming soon regarding all of our new additions this season.

Mike

gshyoung

Reaction score
Hello @pediwear,

I've placed an order for a pair of Dark Brown C&J Bradford Cordovan's, and would like to know what your thoughts are on sizing.

I currently own a pair of C&J Connaughts in size UK7.5E that are on the 236 last. These are very comfortable. The Bradford Cordovan's have a 341 last. I understand that the 236 > 341 in terms room in the toe box area.

Would a size 7.5E in the Cordovan be a good fit for me? I did manage to try on a different pair of C&J's in the 341 last in size 7.5E which had a good fit. Would it be reasonable to assume that size 7.5 in the Cordovan's would fit the same?

Many thanks

Added pic for reference
View attachment 1166377

pediwear

Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
Hi @gshyoung

Thank you for your enquiry - and the simple answer is yes - we would expect the Bradford to fit you in the 7.5 E if you have tried this size and fitting in another shoe on the 341 last.

Unfortunately, the picture you attached isn't available - but you can be as confident as is possible if you found other shoes on the 341 to be a good fit in this last.

Please let me know if we can be of any further assistance.

Mike

pediwear

Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
Hi All

We have been a bit quiet on the StyleForum in relation to updates this season - something we will put right over the next few weeks. We certainly have plenty of new to tell you about.

Let's start with something sunny and very seasonal...

Barker doesn't seem to receive much attention on the StyleForum - which is a great shame as they make wonderful shoes - and always have something exciting come the new season. We love these Bologna construction loafers - definitely something to consider if the weather is hotting up where ever you may be.

If you are on the look for something still season yet more substantial - please have a look at these additions to our own Edward & James brand:

edward-and-james-frandsen_and_thompson.png
edward-and-james-blake.png

They are all very competitively priced and made to the high standards our customers expect.

gbandi

Reaction score
Hi All

We have been a bit quiet on the StyleForum in relation to updates this season - something we will put right over the next few weeks. We certainly have plenty of new to tell you about.

Let's start with something sunny and very seasonal...

Barker doesn't seem to receive much attention on the StyleForum - which is a great shame as they make wonderful shoes - and always have something exciting come the new season. We love these Bologna construction loafers - definitely something to consider if the weather is hotting up where ever you may be.

If you are on the look for something still season yet more substantial - please have a look at these additions to our own Edward & James brand:

View attachment 1181299 View attachment 1181301
They are all very competitively priced and made to the high standards our customers expect.
How is the sizing in the Blake? I wear Meermin and rain 9uk but size down half for generous lasts like AS 87, CS 234/333. Any chance these would be offered in suede or country grain anytime soon?

pediwear

Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
How is the sizing in the Blake? I wear Meermin and rain 9uk but size down half for generous lasts like AS 87, CS 234/333. Any chance these would be offered in suede or country grain anytime soon?
Hi @gbandi

Sorry I missed your post - I didn't receive an email notification.

The Blake is in its first season but so far the response has been positive. I like the idea of it being in suede and this is something we could consider for next summer. I know other brands have some gorgeous split toe Derbies in country grains - so again this might well be an avenue for us to explore.

Our experience so far has been that they fit quite generously. I am a very standard size 10 F in most shoes - but the 9.5 is a much better fit for me in the Blake. I think from what you have said we would suggest the size 8.5.

Mike

pediwear

Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score

We are about to make this offer live on the site - a little advance notice for any Carlos Santos or Carmina fans - get in while the stock lasts.

pediwear

Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
Many thanks for the kind review - this is really appreciated.

We are pleased you like the shoes too! Would you mind if we used one of your images for social media - it would be helpful to post a customer's image along with a link to your review on Facebook, Twitter and Instagram?

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 55 35.5%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 60 38.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 17 11.0%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 27 17.4%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 28 18.1%

Staff online

Forum statistics