• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Pediwear Shoes - Official Thread

pediwear

Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
@pediwear I'm interested in some more information on the Sanders Wellington boot.
  • The leather is calf? Is it good quality?
  • How tall is the boot shaft?
  • How's the fit? If I wear a 10.5UK in the Olly Gibson on the 4831, what size would you suggest in the Wellington?

Hi @FrankCowperwood - thank you for your enquiry.

The boot is approximately 15 inches high including 1.5 inch heel. The forepart of the boots is a smooth calf leather, the leg is a grained leather. The last is perhaps just slightly narrower at the toe but basically similar to the 4831 in fit, they would expect the same size to fit the great majority of the time, This is as supplied to military all over the world - so for the price point we would not question the quality of the leather or the construction.

Please let me know if we can be of any further assistance?

Kind Regards

Mike

WilYa

Reaction score
Hi @WilYa sorry for the delay in replying - we've haven't been very action on here during our sale, but will be posting again soon with news of the next seasons developments.

Did you contact us via email at all regarding this issue. I ordered a dark wine for myself but haven't managed to collect it from our stock yet. Like you say there doesn't seem to be much to distinguish the belt form plain calf in your images which is disappointing.

I can assure you that we only ordered Patina belts so if you have the wrong belt then it is an error in supply - I am sorry that we have not picked this up - but this would have been one of our first orders of these belts so we would not have had much to compare with.

Let me know what you have decided to do? Keep or return? I will make a point of examining our stock early next week.

Kind Regards

Mike Small
Pediwear
Hi Mike,
thanks for your kind reply. no worries as I am keeping them. It must be a faulty product from CS but it is what it is.
Regarding the patination, I understand now "wine red" is more about dark antiquing on edge/corners, maybe it is hard to achieve on belts. As for the brownish colour, I can see other retailers are also experiencing this issue on "wine red" styles, seems they run out of red dye recently.

pediwear

Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
Hi Mike,
thanks for your kind reply. no worries as I am keeping them. It must be a faulty product from CS but it is what it is.
Regarding the patination, I understand now "wine red" is more about dark antiquing on edge/corners, maybe it is hard to achieve on belts. As for the brownish colour, I can see other retailers are also experiencing this issue on "wine red" styles, seems they run out of red dye recently.
Hi @WilYa
Thank you for your understanding on this matter. We don't have any stock of the wine colour - I've just ordered some more - I'm interested to see for myself. What you say about darkening at the edges makes sense and perhaps that explains things. I am also seeing our Carlos Santos rep tomorrow - I'll see what he has to say about it.
Mike

pediwear

Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
Hi All

I have just finished seeing Bill Perry, the UK Carlos Santos rep. As well as a brief chat about the Patina belts (see above) we looked at possible MTO styles for our Edward and James brand. Carlos Santos are such a great brand to work with - they are so flexible in terms of what is available. It will be a while before the ideas discussed today are put into production but we are excited about the possibilities.

Patina Belts
We like the Patina belts and judging by our customer's response we are not alone. @WilYa raises some important points above - and we will have a look at our new stock to ensure the photos we are showing are representative. Bill and I suspect part of the issue is as WilYa has highlighted - the lack of 'edges/corners' means the Patination is not quite as spectacular as is seen on the footwear.

Existing Carlos Santos - Edward & James Collaborations
For those of you who might have missed them - we currently have two styles in our own brand Edward and James which are made in Portugal by Carlos Santos:

The Holcott boots have proven very popular in our offices - many remarking that they are one of the finest MTOs we have had made. A combination of handcrafted quality and contemporary styling ensure these boots are a pleasure just to pick up and admire - and they are even better on the feet!

Made on the gorgeous and popular Z401 last, our suede chukka is made with a studded rubber sole. The Z401 shape along with the acutely angled facings add a contemporary touch to the perennially favourite brown suede chukka boot.

Many more updates will follow as the Autumn season gets underway.

Mike

pediwear

Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
Hi Everyone

This is the first of quite a few updates for this season. Jeffery West is back at Pediwear. We particularly like the chukka boot and monk shoe - so we asked our photographers to design a banner around them. All of the styles exhibit the decadence and flamboyance associated with this unique brand - so please take a look.

jeffery-west-pediwear.jpg

pediwear

Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
retailer-range-cheaney-banner.jpg
Hi Guys, I thought fellow Cheaney fans might like to know about these four specials we have just had in from Cheaney. The quality to price ration is perhaps even more favourable in this range. Made on the 205 last, and using colours including our Cheaney favourite, Dark Leaf they represent exciting opportunities for new and existing Cheaney fans alike.

pediwear

Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
Hi All

We are very pleased with one particular Carmina addition to our range this season:

carmina-bellver_80201-9454_hd.jpg

We have called it the Alaro - but it is the 80105 Oxford on the Simpson last, in brown museum calf. The Simpson last creates an elegant Oxford, and the museum calf is a delight to behold. See more on our site https://www.pediwear.co.uk/carmina/products/9454.php

wurger

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
View attachment 1046647 Hi Guys, I thought fellow Cheaney fans might like to know about these four specials we have just had in from Cheaney. The quality to price ration is perhaps even more favourable in this range. Made on the 205 last, and using colours including our Cheaney favourite, Dark Leaf they represent exciting opportunities for new and existing Cheaney fans alike.

they sure look very sharp.

pediwear

Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
Yes, one slight correction though - they are actually brandy calf, not dark leaf. However, it isn't far off the dark leaf colour and I think we might actually prefer it to dark leaf. Glad you like @wurger

pediwear

Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
A few updates - our latest newsletter has just gone out

https://mailchi.mp/pediwear/autumn-2018

This highlights some of our new additions this season.

Fans of the Heschung brand will be interested to know that we have 3 new styles for this season the wonderful new take on the classic Ginko - the Buis (not Bois as incorrectly listed in the above email!), a new Ebene colour and finally a new Genet colour. If you are
ever lucky enough to have the chance to pick up and examine a pair of Heschung in the flesh, it is likely to be a moving experience for anyone who appreciates fine shoes. The sumptuous soft leather lining, exquisite craftsmanship, and of course full thickness full grain calf leather and suedes are all a joy to behold. In addition to the new styles below it is worth noting we have a few discontinued styles available in the sale section - a personal favourite is the Thuya - a great opportunity to buy a Heschung if you haven't already had the pleasure. Buis angle.jpg heschung-ebene-9586_hd.jpg
Genet Oak angle adjusted.jpg

As ever, we are always interested to hear your thoughts!

Mike

OccultaVexillum

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
@pediwear
I was wondering if you could help me with the sizing on the Sanders Worcester derby?
I am a pretty typical US12 on the Brannock, but don't have much/any experience with traditionally made shoes (just fashion versions).
Should I order a UK11 for these or size down at all?
Thank you!

pediwear

Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
@pediwear
I was wondering if you could help me with the sizing on the Sanders Worcester derby?
I am a pretty typical US12 on the Brannock, but don't have much/any experience with traditionally made shoes (just fashion versions).
Should I order a UK11 for these or size down at all?
Thank you!

Hi @OccultaVexillum

Thanks for your interest in the Sanders.

The M265L fits true to size in length, maybe just a touch generous in width. Sanders don't make UK size 11.5 - and they convert using a full size (marking the box UK 11/ US 12). On that basis, we think the best recommendation would be the UK size 11. I hope that helps. David is our resident Sanders expert - if you need any further advice he would be happy to chat via email or live chat.

Thank you

Mike

pediwear

Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
@pediwear
If i wear a size US7.5/UK6.5 in sanders archies, what would be my size in Aldwych and bernes?
Hi @mr.invincible - sorry we missed your post. Can you clarify which manufacturer the Aldwych and bernes you are referring to are from? Loake make an Aldwych and I am not sure if I know of a style named bernes ? a typo? Please remember that we are always available for sizing advice via email, live chat or telephone.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.4%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 87 38.3%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 35 15.4%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.9%

Forum statistics

Threads