• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • We would like to welcome House of Huntington as an official Affiliate Vendor. Shop past season Drake's, Nigel Cabourn, Private White V.C. and other menswear luxury brands at exceptional prices below retail. Please visit the Houise of Huntington thread and welcome them to the forum.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Pediwear Shoes - Official Thread

pediwear

Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
I really like these hand-painted styles we have had in from Grenson this season - the tan colour is just wonderful in the hand-painted models...

grenson-dylan-2018.jpg
111638_Liam_grenson.jpg

pediwear

Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
Hi All

Our E&J Kensington - made on our very own last - is now available with an optional hand finished mirror shine toe cap at no extra cost - just add a request in the comments and at least 2 working days extra for the delivery time....

IMG_2333.JPG

pediwear

Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
Hi @wurger

Sorry for the delay in replying - I missed the notification.

No they are not the same as the ones from our Pediwear brand - we had a range of Oxfords called the Paragon range with Pediwear - I assume these are the ones you are referring to? We think these are of higher quality, and this shoe, in particular, is unique because it is made on our own Edward and James last. They come with their own shoe bags and branded high-quality Edward and James boxes.

(edit) I should add that they are made with Du Puy calf leather and are made to the highest standards - we had several test samples made to ensure we were happy with the finish and the shoe last.

Let me know if you have any more questions about any of our products.

Kind Regards

Mike

Last edited:

pediwear

Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score

Blake Stitched Blues

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
@pediwear Can I ask if the sole on the RM Williams Gammon boot is a soft or a hard rubber compound?

I understand it lacks the cushioned insole of the Comfort & Dynamic Flex Craftsman but I could have sworn I read somewhere that the rubber sole on the Gammon is quite a soft, cushioned rubber.

I'm after a pair of errand running boots for the autumn so a grippy, soft rubber sole is a must. The Comfort Craftsman I own are very comfortable but not great in the rain.

gammon-boots-p166-5803_image.jpg

pediwear

Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
Hi Lucido

Mark, our RM Williams brand manager has checked the soles for us - he reports that they are quite a hard rubber compound - so they might not fulfil the role you had in mind for them.

The Stockyard boot is a different product, but Mark is wondering if that might be more suitable - he will check the soles and let us know a little later.

Mike

pediwear

Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
Oh dear, it seems even the Stockyard boot has a hard rubber sole.

Perhaps you need to consider the Edward and James Pembroke - it has a Dainite sole which is very grippy and with waxy leather uppers made in England by Barker - it makes for an ideal winter Chelsea boot?

https://www.pediwear.co.uk/edwardandjames/products/9155.php

edwardandjames-pembroke-9155_hd.jpg

Blake Stitched Blues

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Thank you @pediwear

Looks like it's back to the drawing board for now. I'll probably pick up a pair of Comfort turnouts from you if I can't find anything else. Sadly, I'm allergic to the dainite soles on the E&J ;)

pediwear

Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
Hi @Lucido

OK, let me know if I can help. The Dainite soles on the Pembroke are genuine English made Dainite soles (which are different from some of the rubber studded soles we use on other styles in the range) - if you have had genuine Dainite soles before and not been affected then these should be fine. However, clearly if you are set on RM Williams then perhaps the Comfort turnouts would be better - we will await your advice.

Mike

WilYa

Reaction score
X post
Received my CS patina service belt today. Very satisfied with the leather and the crafts as always but the colour is far off. The patina effect so subtle that it is no different from a plain coulor calf. I ordered the wine shadow but it turned out too brownish. The 2nd pic is a comparison to a burgundy calf belt from Berg&Berg.
No sure if CS/Pediwear messed up with the order or it is just the way it is.
IMG_20180707_100247.jpg IMG_20180707_105829.jpg

Blake Stitched Blues

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Hi @Lucido

OK, let me know if I can help. The Dainite soles on the Pembroke are genuine English made Dainite soles (which are different from some of the rubber studded soles we use on other styles in the range) - if you have had genuine Dainite soles before and not been affected then these should be fine. However, clearly if you are set on RM Williams then perhaps the Comfort turnouts would be better - we will await your advice.

Mike

Thanks Mike. Settled on the Sanders Clint on crepe soles and just placed the order this morning.

FrankCowperwood

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
@pediwear I'm interested in some more information on the Sanders Wellington boot.
  • The leather is calf? Is it good quality?
  • How tall is the boot shaft?
  • How's the fit? If I wear a 10.5UK in the Olly Gibson on the 4831, what size would you suggest in the Wellington?

pediwear

Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
X post
Received my CS patina service belt today. Very satisfied with the leather and the crafts as always but the colour is far off. The patina effect so subtle that it is no different from a plain coulor calf. I ordered the wine shadow but it turned out too brownish. The 2nd pic is a comparison to a burgundy calf belt from Berg&Berg.
No sure if CS/Pediwear messed up with the order or it is just the way it is.

Hi @WilYa sorry for the delay in replying - we've haven't been very action on here during our sale, but will be posting again soon with news of the next seasons developments.

Did you contact us via email at all regarding this issue. I ordered a dark wine for myself but haven't managed to collect it from our stock yet. Like you say there doesn't seem to be much to distinguish the belt form plain calf in your images which is disappointing.

I can assure you that we only ordered Patina belts so if you have the wrong belt then it is an error in supply - I am sorry that we have not picked this up - but this would have been one of our first orders of these belts so we would not have had much to compare with.

Let me know what you have decided to do? Keep or return? I will make a point of examining our stock early next week.

Kind Regards

Mike Small
Pediwear

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 55 36.7%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 59 39.3%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 15 10.0%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 26 17.3%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 26 17.3%

Forum statistics

Threads