• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Pediwear Shoes - Official Thread

VaNeT

Reaction score
Seems odd they would name a shoe model after a totally different last?
It's seems odd to me that model have name when manufacturer site don't have any model name only reference number :-D
Where Pediwear get that names? Is it only available for resellers at pricelist? Or Pediwear forced to name models by itself :)

pediwear

Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
Hi Guys

Naming of Carmina Styles

When we started selling Carmina we ordered MTO's which were mostly exclusive to us. As as we are used to naming models we gave each of these models a name - which seemed OK at the time because they were mostly unique to us. As time has gone on and we now stock a wider range of Carmina including many of their core styles we have considered whether this is no longer appropriate or confusing for customers. This is the first time we have been made aware of confusion - but we definitely need to address the name of the style you highlighted - we named it Alaro without considering there was a last of the same name.

I am going to speak to David (our illustrious Carmina brand manager) about this, it may be that we revert to Carmina numbers on the core styles to avoid further confusion, and perhaps just name the specials/MTOs we commission.

With regard to the price changes, thanks to @Chihuahua for persisting and ordering from us despite the concerns. This issue has arisen because the shopping basket shows a price which is dependant upon the selected delivery address country:
Untitled.png

the above is the mobile version, it is at the top right of the desktop shopping basket. I used a VPN to test this out and like you say the price rises from $360 to $450 when you add to the basket, but this is because the basket default country is the UK, and it is not being updated for customers abroad - which it should be! If you select the US from the box shown above the correct price shoes in the basket as well as everywhere else!

It has been fixed now! So many thanks again for letting us know about this.

Regards

Mike

pediwear

Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
Hi Guys

A link to our latest news article which details our most recent made in England collaborations with NPS
Untitled.png

JFWR

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Hi Guys

A link to our latest news article which details our most recent made in England collaborations with NPS
View attachment 1552078

Question about Edward and James: Exactly which lines are Made in England? I see the professional are Made in India, but what about the others? Also, do they use full grain calf?

wdrenth

Reaction score
Question about Edward and James: Exactly which lines are Made in England? I see the professional are Made in India, but what about the others? Also, do they use full grain calf?

The description of the shoes give away where the shoes are made. From what I see, a line can have shoes made in various places (for example Spain by Berwick, Portugal by CS, and England by Cheaney and Barker).

pediwear

Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
Hi @JFWR

Thanks for your question. Every product page now contains the country of origin information. Some more recent additions ot the professional range are made in Spain, the country of origin differs across each range.

It would help customers if this was a search filter - something we ought to consider in the near future I think.

Let me know if you require any further information?

Kind Regards

Mike

JFWR

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Hi @JFWR

Thanks for your question. Every product page now contains the country of origin information. Some more recent additions ot the professional range are made in Spain, the country of origin differs across each range.

It would help customers if this was a search filter - something we ought to consider in the near future I think.

Let me know if you require any further information?

Kind Regards

Mike

Wonderful. Thank you Mike.

pediwear

Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
As ever at this time of year we are busy with new arrivals - please see our new Jeffery West collection linked to below. Nathan has also prepared this article on loafers just in case the spring sunshine has you hankering after a pair of slip-ons. More updates to follow.

pediwear

Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score

TheChihuahua

Reaction score
What company/model is this?
Carmina on the Simpson last

JFWR

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Carmina on the Simpson last

That's a handsome model from Carmina. Thanks.

The creasing seems a bit worrisome on the rleft shoe. Like that looks maybe a bit loose grain? Pretty big creases.

TheChihuahua

Reaction score
That's a handsome model from Carmina. Thanks.

The creasing seems a bit worrisome on the rleft shoe. Like that looks maybe a bit loose grain? Pretty big creases.

probably a flaw magnified due to close up picture. I don’t feel as though these shoes have excessively creased, or even really creased at all. Also the right shoe (left in the picture as my feet are crossed) I am sort of pointing my toe up and maybe that increases the view of the crease?

These were the shoes after my weekend shoe shine for them. I don’t notice any abnormal creasing.
51285FB3-F779-49B2-97A3-9CFCB2E993BF.jpeg

JohnMRobie

Distinguished Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
probably a flaw magnified due to close up picture. I don’t feel as though these shoes have excessively creased, or even really creased at all. Also the right shoe (left in the picture as my feet are crossed) I am sort of pointing my toe up and maybe that increases the view of the crease?

These were the shoes after my weekend shoe shine for them. I don’t notice any abnormal creasing.
View attachment 1600827
Look great chihuahua. And what a deal on the pair you linked to - wish they were a half size smaller.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 91 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 37.2%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 25 10.3%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 40 16.5%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.7%

Forum statistics

Threads