• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Pediwear Shoes - Official Thread

wdrenth

Reaction score
Quick note to say I am happy with my latest (and first) purchase at Pediwear. I was looking for a pair of boots, not too grainy and with some brogueing if possible. My eye fell on the Langli by Pediwear's own Edward&James label, and made in Portugal by Carlos Santos. Ordering, shipment etc etc were flawless.

Besides the non-grained leather, I am also pleased it does not have speed hooks, making the boots a bit more classy. However, the round 333 last, stormwelt, Ridgeway sole and 360 degree welting make the boots also quite casual. I think it will be a good companion when the weather turns drab in the autumn and winter.

See the picture below, which is from Pediwear's website.

edwardandjames-langli-9865_hd.jpg

pediwear

Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
Hi @wdrenth

We are pleased to hear you like the Langli boot. The colours Carlos Santos obtain are gorgeous - rich, with depth.

How are you getting with them now you have had them a little longer?

Mike

pediwear

Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
Update

Well, it has been a strange couple of seasons - for everybody. A lot of our deliveries have been delayed and some have been cancelled due to COVID/production problems at the factories.

We have just received a delivery of styles for our own brand Edward and James - which will be added to the site over the next week. Some replenish existing styles, but we are also adding new.

Another new style which came in a couple of weeks ago, the Horwich, is fantastic value for an English made Goodyear welted style (£172.66 or £143.88 ex VAT) - pictured here on the right, alongside the gorgeous Leadon (also English made). If you aren't working from home this winter we think one of these two just need to be in the wardrobe this winter :)

edward-and-james-leadon-and-horwich.jpg

We have more stock on the way in from Barker and a new brand we are very excited about.

We have added more Carmina to our already wide range including these fine examples:

We have another two styles from Carmina on the way to the photographers.

Nathan and I visited the Cheaney factory recently and are happy to report that we are expecting replenishments of our Edward & James / Cheaney styles, in addition to formulating interesting ideas to further develop this range into next year.

So we have plenty still to come this season and are looking ahead to how we may continue to develop our offerings into 2021. We will keep you updated in this thread as new items arrive. Stay safe everyone.

Mike

JFWR

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Update

Well, it has been a strange couple of seasons - for everybody. A lot of our deliveries have been delayed and some have been cancelled due to COVID/production problems at the factories.

We have just received a delivery of styles for our own brand Edward and James - which will be added to the site over the next week. Some replenish existing styles, but we are also adding new.

Another new style which came in a couple of weeks ago, the Horwich, is fantastic value for an English made Goodyear welted style (£172.66 or £143.88 ex VAT) - pictured here on the right, alongside the gorgeous Leadon (also English made). If you aren't working from home this winter we think one of these two just need to be in the wardrobe this winter :)

edward-and-james-leadon-and-horwich.jpg

We have more stock on the way in from Barker and a new brand we are very excited about.

We have added more Carmina to our already wide range including these fine examples:

We have another two styles from Carmina on the way to the photographers.

Nathan and I visited the Cheaney factory recently and are happy to report that we are expecting replenishments of our Edward & James / Cheaney styles, in addition to formulating interesting ideas to further develop this range into next year.

So we have plenty still to come this season and are looking ahead to how we may continue to develop our offerings into 2021. We will keep you updated in this thread as new items arrive. Stay safe everyone.

Mike

Are these shoes available in F or G widths?

wdrenth

Reaction score
Hi @wdrenth

We are pleased to hear you like the Langli boot. The colours Carlos Santos obtain are gorgeous - rich, with depth.

How are you getting with them now you have had them a little longer?

Mike

Hello,
Up to now, I have worn the boots a couple of times and they are great. A little stiff in the beginning, as expected, but no blisters or anything painful. I used them once whilst my son was on his step, so really had to run. No trouble with these, though the momentum is somewhat larger compared to light-weight running shoes :)

pediwear

Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
Are these shoes available in F or G widths?
Hi @JFWR - these are available in the equivalent of a standard English F fit. Adding some G fit MTOs is something we have given thought to - which fitting were you looking for? Edit (This applies to both our Edward and James and the Carmina Styles feature in our post above. The Edward & James Derby might accomodate a slightly wider foot).

pediwear

Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score

pediwear

Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
Hello,
Up to now, I have worn the boots a couple of times and they are great. A little stiff in the beginning, as expected, but no blisters or anything painful. I used them once whilst my son was on his step, so really had to run. No trouble with these, though the momentum is somewhat larger compared to light-weight running shoes :)

So far so good. I expect they will develop into very comfortable boots given time. Better to have more momentum and be wearing Edward & James I think. That could be a new tag line for the brand "Wear Edward & James - put more momentum in your life". Well perhaps not, but I am glad the boots are wearing well so far. :)

JFWR

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Hi @JFWR - these are available in the equivalent of a standard English F fit. Adding some G fit MTOs is something we have given thought to - which fitting were you looking for? Edit (This applies to both our Edward and James and the Carmina Styles feature in our post above. The Edward & James Derby might accomodate a slightly wider foot).

I'm looking for wide fittings, which I know are fairly rare amongst English shoes. So G or H would be preferable to me, as F is simply too snug for my wide feet.

pediwear

Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score

pediwear

Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
Hi @JFWR

It might not be apearing in the flesh until next Autumn, but we do have plans for wider fitting English made options in our Edward and James range. I am sorry there isn't so much available in these fittings at the moment.

Regards

Mike

pediwear

Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
Hi Guys

I have a few updates for you today.

If you are not on our mailing list you will have missed the 15% off code for Edward & James, Loake and Grenson which is valid for this week only. Use code LD15

In recent weeks we have had lots of restocks for our popular Edward & James lines including the following. All the restocks and new styles are marked up on the site - so please take a look there. In the meantime here are a few highlights.

edward-and-james-kay.jpg
The Kay is back, this time in a darker, richer tobacco calf leather. The genuine Dainite sole remains as with the previous version.

edward-and-james-mcginley.jpg We have restocked the suede version of McGinley and added this smooth calf version. Both sport genuine Dainite rubber soles.

Our core Oxfords form the Principal Collection have been restocked - including the Alex, Kensington, John and Windsor Untitled.jpg

(Windsor and Kensington)

alex.jpg
(John and Alex) - The John is now on the same last as the Alex, and fits almost identically - but is more angular. This is our own last developed with Springline - the Northamptonshire last maker.

We have received a restock of the Phillip double monk in dark brown. The colour is very slightly different - we are very pleased with the new hue (photography awaited). We also had a sample of this shoe made in our own last in black calf - gorgeous! So expect to see that added to the line up in the future.

Whilst production at the Trickers factory has been significantly reduced due to COVID, we have managed to get our hands on a re-fill of the popular Stow in Chestnut:
trickers-stow_chestnut_dainite-8698_tn.jpg

Perhaps our most significant news in a year or two is our soon to go live range of TLB Mallorca . We have worked with Toni at TLB to choose a representative collection of their fine footwear for our customers. We expect the collection to go live within the next twenty-four hours and cannot recommend the footwear highly enough. I'll post an update with more details when the collections are live on the website.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 89 37.7%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 88 37.3%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 25 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 38 16.1%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 37 15.7%

Forum statistics

Threads