• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Pediwear Shoes - Official Thread

flvinny521

Reaction score
Mike,

This particular last is known to be rather narrow, from what I understand. The standard advice I've read is to size down 1/2 a size, but go up in width. I take a 9E (wide) in it, and the fit is very good. I also briefly had a pair of Kent Wang oxfords, which I think are a more "standard" last, and a 9.5 fit fairly well, so it sounds like that advice is certainly accurate, at least for me. I have a very flat foot though, with a low instep.

Thanks for taking the time to advise me.

@pediwear Does this help or change your sizing advice in any way?

pediwear

Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
Hi flvinny521 I am sorry I missed you previous reply. I think we are looking at a size 9 or 8.5 but I must confess it is difficult to know which. Considering your US size in the Kent Wang, we would generally expect you to take a 9 F in UK sizes. However, it is possibly in view of your flatter foot and the slightly more generous nature of the 446 last that you would find an 8.5 F to be a better fit.

If I was in your situation and keen to buy the Craig MTO, I would choose the 9, because it is easier to accommodate a slightly to large fit with an insole. A shoe that is too tight cannot be worn at all and would need returning.

I appreciate that this is probably not the clear concise advice you were expecting!

Please let me know if we can be of any further assistance.

Regards

Mike

smc558

Reaction score
@ Pediwear - any chance of a restock in the Carmina Marc boot in a size 9? And if not is there any chance of you stocking the Carmina Jumper 80184 Oscar boot for autumn/winter?

Regards

pediwear

Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
@ Pediwear - any chance of a restock in the Carmina Marc boot in a size 9? And if not is there any chance of you stocking the Carmina Jumper 80184 Oscar boot for autumn/winter?

Regards

Hi

Thank you for your enquiry. Unfortunately we are not planning a restock of the Marc at present and we have already placed our order for this coming Autumn Winter. I do like that boot though (pictured below for those who don't know it...

We will certainly give this some consideration when we buy for next winter.

I am sorry we couldn't be of more help just now.

Mike

pediwear

Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score

svlad77

Reaction score
Can you please compare Barker 386 last to 469? 386 on Dainite in 8F is good for me, bit I want some "universal" shoe in walnut color that I like, so I am thinking about Barker Banbury (unfortunately, Barker doesn't have derby in walnut on rubber in 386 last). Loake's 026 in 8.5F (leather sole) also feels good for me.

JUAN MANUEL

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Hello

I purchased a pair of Heschung Gingko boots from Pediwear, the service was outstanding, I contacted Mike and he was very kind helping me with the sizing, since I live in Peru, I am extreamly carefull with sizing.

The boots are excellent, the atention to detail is evident, the leather extreamly soft, the soles seam made from the same material as the Vibram Gumlite which make them more comfortable than Dainite. As an aussie member in another thread they are quite warm. Veru happy with my purchase and with Pediwear, surely comming back soon.

pediwear

Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
Can you please compare Barker 386 last to 469? 386 on Dainite in 8F is good for me, bit I want some "universal" shoe in walnut color that I like, so I am thinking about Barker Banbury (unfortunately, Barker doesn't have derby in walnut on rubber in 386 last). Loake's 026 in 8.5F (leather sole) also feels good for me.
Hi svlad77

Thank you for your enquiry. We are wondering if you have the 386 on a G rather than an F - hope you don't mind us double checking. Its just this would make more sense in relation to your 026 Loake in 8.5F. It would be very usual to find that both a Barker 386 8F and a Loake 8.5F fitted well?

Going off the Barker last information you have provided, and assuming your 386 shoe really is an F we think that the Barker Banbury would be better in a size 7.5, since it is a G fitting you are likely to need to down size half a size.

Generally speaking the 486 last has a more tapered sleek appearance, and is a little longer in the toe.

I hope this is helpful, don't hesitate to contact Stephen by email for further details if requires: [email protected]

pediwear

Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
Hello

I purchased a pair of Heschung Gingko boots from Pediwear, the service was outstanding, I contacted Mike and he was very kind helping me with the sizing, since I live in Peru, I am extreamly carefull with sizing.

The boots are excellent, the atention to detail is evident, the leather extreamly soft, the soles seam made from the same material as the Vibram Gumlite which make them more comfortable than Dainite. As an aussie member in another thread they are quite warm. Veru happy with my purchase and with Pediwear, surely comming back soon.
The images look wonderful Juan, many thanks for posting, along with your kind comments and review. We hope you will have many long years of use, and we look forward to being of service again. Kind Regards

Mike Small

smc558

Reaction score
@ pediwear

I'm interested in the Barker Lambourn boot. I am a standard UK size 9 but I had to drop half a size when buying a pair of Barker Woody shoes and Loake Errington boots, will I also need to drop half a size for the Lambourn?

Regards

pediwear

Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
@ pediwear

I'm interested in the Barker Lambourn boot. I am a standard UK size 9 but I had to drop half a size when buying a pair of Barker Woody shoes and Loake Errington boots, will I also need to drop half a size for the Lambourn?

Regards
Hi smc558

Thank you for your enquiry. We would consider the Woody and Errington to be standard fitting for most customers. If we consider that you are therefore a size 8.5 F we would usually advise a size 8 for the Lambourn since this is quite a spacious fit.

What other footwear do you posses which fits well in a size 9?

Please feel free to email us or use Live chat with Stephen who is our Barker and Loake expert.

Kind Regards

Mike
Pediwear

Kevin24

Reaction score
Hi,

I notice no one has posted in this thread for a couple of months.

However, I was wondering how often Pediwear restocked it's stock?

I asked as I am looking at a pair of Crockett & Jones but thet are out of stock in my size.

Reaction score
Hi,

I notice no one has posted in this thread for a couple of months.

However, I was wondering how often Pediwear restocked it's stock?

I asked as I am looking at a pair of Crockett & Jones but thet are out of stock in my size.

Hi Kevin

we have been a little quiet over the last couple of months - while we are in sale and waiting for the new season's stock to come in there is not a lot to post about though the last post was just two weeks ago not two months! However, we will be post lots in the coming weeks as the new season's stock arrives.

Unfortunately, as detailed on our website, we are limited to the number of Crockett and Jones shoes we can order - this is a result of their success and popularity, all online retailers are subject to the same limitation. If there is a particular style you are interested in please contact David via the website or email to discover how long it would take to arrive? David will be happy to answer any questions you may have.

Regards

Mike
Pediwear

pediwear

Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
Some real treats for Trickers fans this season...

The Bourton Burgundy Commando above is similar to an MTO we have had before - but we decided we preferred the contrasting brass eyelets

This was the biggest surprise for us when we were deciding last Spring - we just love the Stow in this Chestnut burnished colour, and of course it features the ever practical Dainite rubber sole.

Astute observers will note that this wonderful Cordovan Stow is not new for this season. It is gorgeous though so, I have posted it again for you to admire as is only fitting.

This image has a little yellow colour casting - we are waiting for the main images from the studio. However, the Robert in coffee calf proved popular with our customers previously so this is a rerun, this time with a Dainite sole.

And the last but most certainly not least - the Robert, but perhaps not as you know him. Gorgeous burgundy cordovan and a Dainite sole. Stunning.

More coming soon from Cheaney, Loake, Grenson, Carmina, Barker and more - if you haven't seen them already, don't miss the Alfred Sargent Exclusive Dainite MTOs we have in stock now...

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 91 37.8%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 89 36.9%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 25 10.4%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 40 16.6%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.8%

Forum statistics

Threads