1. Hi, I'm the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.

Pediwear Shoes - Official Thread

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by pediwear, Aug 19, 2015.

1. Kochegar

Kochegar Well-Known Member

Hello Pediwear!
    I am thinking about buying a pair of winter boots. I look at Barker Country and Sanders Country ranges. Could you tell me if it is a big difference in terms of quality between these two ranges? Could you please make a short comparison?)
    Many thanks!!!

2. pediwear

pediwear Senior Member Affiliate Vendor

Hi @Kochegar

Thank you for your enquiry. Both brands make high-quality country footwear. I have literally just returned from walking the dogs in a pair of Sanders Salisbury which I have owned for several years - and always look forward to wearing. Barker's range of country footwear is amongst our customers' favourites with styles like the Lambourne and the Nairn being perennial favourites.

We would advise that both manufacturers offer excellent value for the price point of their footwear (we would not sell footwear which did not adhere to this principle).

Are their particular styles you are interested in? Boots or shoes - and a particular style or purpose for the footwear?

Kind Regards

Mike

3. Kochegar

Kochegar Well-Known Member

Thanks for quick reply!
    What is you opinion on
    Sanders Cheltenham
    [​IMG]
    vs
    Barker Calder?
    [​IMG]
    Is Barker worth 60 GBP extra?
    Purpose of the boots is to survive autumn/winter in the city where streets are covered with some snow/ice/slush, so wheather resistance is an advantage.

4. MrUnderwood

MrUnderwood Senior Member

Hi @pediwear

Any chance of Crockett and jones Bradford in dark brown calf at a decent price? if you are able to get them home of course. If so do send me an PM.

Cheers!

5. pediwear

Hi

Thank you for your interest in the Crockett and Jones Bradford.

We are able to supply Crockett's in stock range which includes black and chestnut in calf leather (https://www.pediwear.co.uk/crockettandjones/products/6039.php). Unfortunately, we do not have access to a dark brown version, sorry!

Mike

6. pediwear

Hi @Kochegar

Both boots would serve your purpose well I suspect. I will PM you with some more thoughts on this!

Mike

7. JUAN MANUEL

JUAN MANUEL Senior Member

A couple of days ago arrived a pair of Baker shoes for my girlfriend from Pediwear. They are impressive to say the least. This is the second pair of GYW shoes and loves them. Excellent service from Pediwear, thank you Nathan.

IMG_5866.JPG

IMG_5869.JPG

IMG_5868.JPG

IMG_5867.JPG

IMG_5867.JPG

8. Banks

Banks Member

Hey Pediwear,

I’m interested in picking up a pair of Crockett & Jones dress shoes and am debating between the Malton and Swansea models on your site. I’ve not tried on either of these lasts (360 & 341) and unfortunately don’t live anywhere near a company that stocks C&J. As such, I was hoping that you could make a recommendation on fit/sizing based on some other dress shoes/lasts that I wear (all with thin dress socks):
    • Alfred Sargent 724 last (Moore) - 9F
      • A tad bit wide but fit fairly well. Length is just about perfect and it fits my instep well (eyelets just about fully close when laced). Only noticeable issue is excess volume above my toes.
    • Carmina Rain last - 9 (standard width)
      • Fit slightly better than Alfred Sargent 724. Length and width are just about perfect and it fits my instep well (eyelets just about fully close when laced). Only noticeable issue is excess volume above my toes.
    • J.Fitzpatrick SEA - 9 (standard width)
      • Derby shoe that is the best fitting dress shoe I own. J.Fitzpatrick describes this last as “our most fitted last, offering a very hugging feeling through the arch/heel/forefoot, adding a tiny bit of length in the toe.” This shoe fits me perfectly in length, width, instep and in toe volume (avoiding the excess space in the toe area that all of my other dress shoes have).
    • Carlos Santos 234 last - 8.5 (standard width)
      • About half of the feedback that I read about this last said to size down a half size; the others said go with your Carmina Rain size. They don’t fit quite as well as the Rain last but sizing down was the right call as the length and width is good and instep fits perfectly. Same issue as the others with excess volume in toe area.
    • Alfred Sargent 109 last - 8.5F
      • A pair of loafers that fit just okay in width and length. I added a heel grip to keep my heel from slipping out when I walk and they fit well now.
    I’ve read mixed feedback on the 360 & 341 lasts, where some people say to go TTS and others suggest dropping down a half size. I prefer when a last has a more hugging feel, though that might not apply to either of these.

Any help would be appreciated. Thanks in advance!

9. pediwear

Thank you for posting and sharing your pics! I will pass on your thanks to Nathan.

We hope we can be of service again soon!

Mike

10. pediwear

Hi @Banks

Thank you for your post and interest in Crockett and Jones.

I am going to forward your message to our resident Crockett expert, David. I think your query would be better handled by email since it is likely to involve some to and froing. If you don't mind PMing your email address or emailing [email protected] explaining you are 'Banks' from StyleForum I will ensure David replies. We aim to answer emails within one working day - so you are assured a prompt response.

Kind Regards

Mike

11. pediwear

David tells me he has been answering your enquiry.

Let me know if I can be of any further assistance.

12. SuperMasticat

SuperMasticat New Member

@pediwear I am looking to buy a pair of carminas from your website. How long will it take you to ship to the US?

13. Buffon.bj

Buffon.bj New Member

Hello!

I bought a pair of Heschung shoes from you over a week ago, and after receiving the automatic reply, I have not heard anything from you about shipping etc. I have tried to contact you through your site a couple of times now, and both of times I haven't heard of my enquiry.

Is there something wrong with your website, or haven't you received my order? I hope I'm not too forward here, but I would be really eager try try on those Heschungs – and if the shape fits me well, I'd even like to order another model as well!

My email address is [email protected].

All the best
    Visa

14. pediwear

Hi Visa

Thank you for your message, and no problem at all in contacting us on here. We have received your order and we did receive a message from you at 18:00 yesterday - this would have been responded to today.

It does seem that there was a failure to send you our usual order acknowledgement - I am very sorry about this - it is most unusual. I have asked David to contact you today with an update.

We endeavour to reply to all emails send to [email protected] within one working day - so hopefully you will not find it difficult to contact us in future.

Many thanks for your patience despite our failure to respond.

Kind Regards

Mike

15. pediwear

Hi, thank you for your interest.
    For in-stock items we generally advise 7-10 working days to the US - though our reviews suggest it can be as quick as 3 days sometimes.
    Do you know which style/size/colour you are interested in?

Mike