1. Hi, I'm the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.

Pediwear Shoes - Official Thread

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by pediwear, Aug 19, 2015.

1. Kochegar

Kochegar Well-Known Member

Hello Pediwear!
    I am thinking about buying a pair of winter boots. I look at Barker Country and Sanders Country ranges. Could you tell me if it is a big difference in terms of quality between these two ranges? Could you please make a short comparison?)
    Many thanks!!!

2. pediwear

pediwear Senior Member Affiliate Vendor

Hi @Kochegar

Thank you for your enquiry. Both brands make high-quality country footwear. I have literally just returned from walking the dogs in a pair of Sanders Salisbury which I have owned for several years - and always look forward to wearing. Barker's range of country footwear is amongst our customers' favourites with styles like the Lambourne and the Nairn being perennial favourites.

We would advise that both manufacturers offer excellent value for the price point of their footwear (we would not sell footwear which did not adhere to this principle).

Are their particular styles you are interested in? Boots or shoes - and a particular style or purpose for the footwear?

Kind Regards

Mike

3. Kochegar

Kochegar Well-Known Member

Thanks for quick reply!
    What is you opinion on
    Sanders Cheltenham
    [​IMG]
    vs
    Barker Calder?
    [​IMG]
    Is Barker worth 60 GBP extra?
    Purpose of the boots is to survive autumn/winter in the city where streets are covered with some snow/ice/slush, so wheather resistance is an advantage.

4. MrUnderwood

MrUnderwood Senior Member

Hi @pediwear

Any chance of Crockett and jones Bradford in dark brown calf at a decent price? if you are able to get them home of course. If so do send me an PM.

Cheers!

5. pediwear

Hi

Thank you for your interest in the Crockett and Jones Bradford.

We are able to supply Crockett's in stock range which includes black and chestnut in calf leather (https://www.pediwear.co.uk/crockettandjones/products/6039.php). Unfortunately, we do not have access to a dark brown version, sorry!

Mike

6. pediwear

Hi @Kochegar

Both boots would serve your purpose well I suspect. I will PM you with some more thoughts on this!

Mike