1. Welcome to our newest affiliate vendor, Todd Shelton We are very happy to welcome our newest affiliate vendor, Todd Shelton which focuses on basic pieces customized to fit your body and your tastes.

Pediwear Shoes - Official Thread

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by pediwear, Aug 19, 2015.

1. pediwear

pediwear Senior Member Affiliate Vendor

I really like these hand-painted styles we have had in from Grenson this season - the tan colour is just wonderful in the hand-painted models...

grenson-dylan-2018.jpg 111638_Liam_grenson.jpg

2. pediwear

Hi All

Our E&J Kensington - made on our very own last - is now available with an optional hand finished mirror shine toe cap at no extra cost - just add a request in the comments and at least 2 working days extra for the delivery time....

IMG_2333.JPG

3. wurger

wurger Distinguished Member

Hi Pediwear

are they the same as your shoes from your own brand Pediwear a few years back?

4. pediwear

Hi @wurger

Sorry for the delay in replying - I missed the notification.

No they are not the same as the ones from our Pediwear brand - we had a range of Oxfords called the Paragon range with Pediwear - I assume these are the ones you are referring to? We think these are of higher quality, and this shoe, in particular, is unique because it is made on our own Edward and James last. They come with their own shoe bags and branded high-quality Edward and James boxes.

(edit) I should add that they are made with Du Puy calf leather and are made to the highest standards - we had several test samples made to ensure we were happy with the finish and the shoe last.

Let me know if you have any more questions about any of our products.

Kind Regards

Mike

Last edited: May 14, 2018

5. pediwear

Instagram pic of our Edward and James cordovan Grassington...

cordovan-instagram.JPG

6. pediwear

7. Blake Stitched Blues

Blake Stitched Blues Senior Member

@pediwear Can I ask if the sole on the RM Williams Gammon boot is a soft or a hard rubber compound?

I understand it lacks the cushioned insole of the Comfort & Dynamic Flex Craftsman but I could have sworn I read somewhere that the rubber sole on the Gammon is quite a soft, cushioned rubber.

I'm after a pair of errand running boots for the autumn so a grippy, soft rubber sole is a must. The Comfort Craftsman I own are very comfortable but not great in the rain.

[​IMG]

8. pediwear

Hi Lucido

Mark, our RM Williams brand manager has checked the soles for us - he reports that they are quite a hard rubber compound - so they might not fulfil the role you had in mind for them.

The Stockyard boot is a different product, but Mark is wondering if that might be more suitable - he will check the soles and let us know a little later.

Mike

9. pediwear

Oh dear, it seems even the Stockyard boot has a hard rubber sole.

Perhaps you need to consider the Edward and James Pembroke - it has a Dainite sole which is very grippy and with waxy leather uppers made in England by Barker - it makes for an ideal winter Chelsea boot?

https://www.pediwear.co.uk/edwardandjames/products/9155.php

[​IMG]

10. Blake Stitched Blues

Thank you @pediwear

Looks like it's back to the drawing board for now. I'll probably pick up a pair of Comfort turnouts from you if I can't find anything else. Sadly, I'm allergic to the dainite soles on the E&J ;)

11. pediwear

Hi @Lucido

OK, let me know if I can help. The Dainite soles on the Pembroke are genuine English made Dainite soles (which are different from some of the rubber studded soles we use on other styles in the range) - if you have had genuine Dainite soles before and not been affected then these should be fine. However, clearly if you are set on RM Williams then perhaps the Comfort turnouts would be better - we will await your advice.

Mike

12. WilYa

WilYa Senior Member

X post
    Received my CS patina service belt today. Very satisfied with the leather and the crafts as always but the colour is far off. The patina effect so subtle that it is no different from a plain coulor calf. I ordered the wine shadow but it turned out too brownish. The 2nd pic is a comparison to a burgundy calf belt from Berg&Berg.
    No sure if CS/Pediwear messed up with the order or it is just the way it is.
    IMG_20180707_100247.jpg IMG_20180707_105829.jpg

13. Blake Stitched Blues

Thanks Mike. Settled on the Sanders Clint on crepe soles and just placed the order this morning.

14. FrankCowperwood

FrankCowperwood Distinguished Member

@pediwear I'm interested in some more information on the Sanders Wellington boot.
    • The leather is calf? Is it good quality?
    • How tall is the boot shaft?
    • How's the fit? If I wear a 10.5UK in the Olly Gibson on the 4831, what size would you suggest in the Wellington?

15. pediwear

Hi @WilYa sorry for the delay in replying - we've haven't been very action on here during our sale, but will be posting again soon with news of the next seasons developments.

Did you contact us via email at all regarding this issue. I ordered a dark wine for myself but haven't managed to collect it from our stock yet. Like you say there doesn't seem to be much to distinguish the belt form plain calf in your images which is disappointing.

I can assure you that we only ordered Patina belts so if you have the wrong belt then it is an error in supply - I am sorry that we have not picked this up - but this would have been one of our first orders of these belts so we would not have had much to compare with.

Let me know what you have decided to do? Keep or return? I will make a point of examining our stock early next week.

Kind Regards

Mike Small
    Pediwear