• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Pediwear Order Fail

unjung

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
(I order.)

Sep 14:

We regret to inform you that there will be a delay of 8-10 weeks before the Havant is expected to be available for despatch to us from the factory.

Sorry to disappoint you.

May we please ask you to confirm whether you wish to wait for the Havant, or cancel the order in view of the delay.
(I email to check in.)

Nov 11:

Thank you for your e-mail, and for keeping your order for the Havant with us. Your new footwear will be promptly despatched to you as soon as production is completed at the factory. We would feel that the size 9 is most likely to be correct for you.

Meanwhile thank you for the order and your patience during this transaction.
(I email to check in.)

Dec 10:

Thank you for your e-mail.

We regret to advise you that Alfred Sargent have now informed us that the Havant will not now be available.

Naturally we are as disappointed as you will be.

We have taken the style off our Web Site except for the sizes we have in our Retail Shop.

It appears that Alfred Sargent have decided to re construct their company and no in stock service is available.

Trust we may be of better assistance to you in the future.

Meanwhile, thank you for your continued interest in our company.
ffffuuuu.gif
ffffuuuu.gif
ffffuuuu.gif
ffffuuuu.gif
ffffuuuu.gif

Verrihappy

Timed Out
Timed Out
Reaction score
Pediwear, reliable as always(I have bought more than a dozen pairs from them) didn't fail you. The problem lies with AS.

unjung

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Verrihappy
Pediwear, reliable as always(I have bought more than a dozen pairs from them) didn't fail you. The problem lies with AS.

F- it, time to buy some C&Js.

TC (Houston)

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
That really sucks, but it doesn't sound like Pediwear is at fault, they are just the middle man. I'm sympathetic and I agree this is a difficult way to buy shoes. The fastest turnaround I've experienced with C&J from them is about a month, and some have taken much longer.

forex

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by teddieriley
As for a discount on your next purchase.

lulz,that's right.
How is it that Pediwear can offer cheaper prices than buying direct from AS or CJ?
Does pediwear have a brick store or is just a virtual warehouse?

meister

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
I would imagine Pediwear would be the biggest shoe seller in the UK with its overseas business right? Some screwups would have to happen.

JamesX

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I got the same thing few month ago on the Lamborne(sp). I guess AS is changing their line up.

CashmereLover

Reaction score
The same thing, more or less, happened to me as well this autumn. Tried to purchase the AS Chatham but after waiting longer than I could accept, I canceled my order and got some C&J instead. Too bad since AS (Premier Collection, about £200) is more in my price range than C&J (about £300).

I don't blame Pediwear at all for this. They were just as helpful and kind as always.

bellyhungry

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Verrihappy

Same here. I was looking at the AS Connaught since Spring. But after trying to get them through Pediwer and Shoe Healer to no avail, I gave up.

AS = Fail.

hst

Reaction score
Originally Posted by bellyhungry
Same here. I was looking at the AS Connaught since Spring. But after trying to get them through Pediwer and Shoe Healer to no avail, I gave up.

AS = Fail.

+1 on the problem likely to be with AS. I understand that there are some production issues/delays.

aj_del

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I think they are discontinuing the Classic range and generally moving their range more upmarket

bhall41

Reaction score
Sorry but this does not sound like Pediwear's fault - far from it, they kept you updated re the status of your order and were courteous and sympathetic.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.3%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 87 38.2%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.5%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 36 15.8%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.8%

Forum statistics

Threads