• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Pediwear - disappointing delays, twice

SuitingStyle

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I recently ordered from Pediwear, I can confirm they are pretty slow to ship. It took me about a month to receive my shoes, however, they were very good price, so I can't complain too much.

hypnos123

Reaction score
Wow, I just placed an order with them; this doesn't sound good as I need my shoe within a month if not three weeks! Do the delays usually happen with shoes that are on sales? I'm ordering a Loake 1880 line.....

Bounder

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

deveandepot1

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

brandall10

Reaction score
Recent experience for C&J Lowndes, from early Jan till now

The bad:

- Took 3 days to respond to my initial inquiry, which included a PLAL price match and a question of stock
- Initial response implied the shoes were in stock. I submitted an order, and two days later I got an "I'm sorry it appears the shoes are not in stock, you will have to wait 8-9 weeks before shipment. Do you want to cancel?" kind of message. I kept the order anyway, due to the price match being better than expected (see below) and being in no rush to get the shoes. I just wanted to lock in the best possible deal before PLAL left the picture.

The good:

- They price matched PLAL against the total cost (shoes + shipping), _and_ gave me free shipping. I'm not sure if this was an error, but all in all it was a savings of more than 10%.
- Shoes shipped 5 weeks after order placed. Guess that's not really under their control, but at least it's better than the other way around. Still have yet to receive the shoes, arrived in the US last Thurs so I'm hoping any day now.

mmm

Reaction score
Originally Posted by hypnos123
Wow, I just placed an order with them; this doesn't sound good as I need my shoe within a month if not three weeks! Do the delays usually happen with shoes that are on sales? I'm ordering a Loake 1880 line.....

I got a pair of loakes on sale last month. It was my first order so they asked to confirm my size. After that they got to toronto in 3 days. 1 week after ordering.

bananananana

In Time Out
Timed Out
Reaction score
Just ordered the C&J Lowndes today. I was quoted the 8-9 wks as well and asked for the plal price match.

I'd be thrilled if I get it shipping out in the 5 wks.

triathlete

Reaction score
Recent experience:

-Ordered CJ from Pediwear April 21 / 09
-April 26: Acress Bea Arthur dies
-April 28: beginning of Swine Flu epidemic

True story.

thomasec

Reaction score
Just want to echo what the OP said.

I ordered a pair of shoes at the beginning of the week for a very important conference, and I just checked my order status, and it's listed as "canceled".

Not only that, but they've already charged my credit card and take days to respond to any emails.

bananananana

In Time Out
Timed Out
Reaction score
Update on my Lowndes order. Just shipped today, so 2 wks to ship out from back order.

thomasec

Reaction score
It's just bullshit because there's no mention of whether or not they have a certain shoe in stock.

That and the fact that they state:

"Shoes are dispatched on receipt of your kind order (if in stock), otherwise within 3 to 5 days."

Ugh......

DrZRM

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I don't understand why you guys don't just call or email and ask if they have your size in stock. They put down the phone for a few seconds, and come back and let you know if they have size and color on the shelf. No big deal.

thomasec

Reaction score
Originally Posted by DrZRM
I don't understand why you guys don't just call or email and ask if they have your size in stock. They put down the phone for a few seconds, and come back and let you know if they have size and color on the shelf. No big deal.

Well, if anyone could help me find a pair of these in stock in a size 8 or 8.5 online that would be able to ship to the US within a week, I would be most appreciative:

http://www.pediwear.co.uk/loake/products/2514.php

embowafa

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Bounder
I can recommend Bodileys. They have consistently impressed me with their customer service and they are fast. Cheap, too!

http://www.shoesnorthampton.co.uk/

Their website says shoes are out the door in five days. Do you find that to be accurate? If that's the case a $20 savings from pediwear's price match would be totally not worth it.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.5%

Forum statistics

Threads