peccary gloves - alpaca lined - group buy?

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by housemaidsknee, Dec 9, 2004.

1. Dan G

Dan G Senior member

I'm in for a pair in brown, size large.

2. newtrane

newtrane Senior member

3. scnupe7

scnupe7 Senior member

I am in at $50 per pair as well

4. j

j (stands for Jerk) Admin

IF they will fit me, I would probably be in for a pair of lined and one of unlined, at $50. My hands are not that strange a size, but they must fit exactly as badly-fitting gloves are becoming one of my major pet peeves.

5. geosync

geosync Member

In for at least one pair

6. discostu004

discostu004 Affiliate vendor

7. tiger02

tiger02 Militarist

I have to agree here, their website says that sizes can be tweaked for individual orders. I wonder if they'll custom cut each finger's length? From the imperfect pictures available, the middle three fingers all appear to be of too similar a length.

Tom

8. j

j (stands for Jerk) Admin

Ideally I could trace my hands and have them make it at least closely match that. I don't imagine that would be too much of a problem.

And I agree with seanandnik, I would actually probably buy more than two pairs if they meet my standards- maybe some for gifts, etc.

9. newtrane

newtrane Senior member

10. STYLESTUDENT

STYLESTUDENT Senior member

I'd put in $5.00 for Eric too, when it's time to put in $50 (plus shipping and whatever) for gloves. I know it's copycat but Eric won't care. It's the holidays.

11. housemaidsknee

housemaidsknee Senior member

j, if it's possible to host a file, i can send you the sales pdf file peccary peru sent me. i am just reluctant because of payment methods. i am trying to order a sample and see how things work out before placing a larger order.

maybe something can be worked out where everybody pays for themselves through paypal and then he ships out to one central location. the thing is i don't have the financial resources to place an order for 50 pairs and pay up front (50x50=$2500.).

12. STYLESTUDENT

STYLESTUDENT Senior member

An escrow or trust account is a fund held by a third party which is released (in this case to seller peccary.peru) upn the satisfaction of certain conditions precedent. These conditions, I suggest, would be the approval of the sample followed by written or email confirmation that the particular gloves in the order are in fact available, in-stock, and will be shipped directly to the individual members within a reasonable (say, 10 days) time. The escrow agent would then release (or paypal) funds over to the seller for individual confirmed orders and then send back (by paypal) unfulfilled orders. This procedure seems cumbersome. Why wouldn't the shopping list be sent to peccary. peru first and then, upon confirmation of availability, members would then be asked to paypal funds to the forum?

13. housemaidsknee

housemaidsknee Senior member

(j @ 13 Dec. 2004, 11:22) Yes, email it to me ( [email protected] ) and I'll put it on the site. Maybe we should set up an escrow account or something...? How is this usually done?
    An escrow or trust account is a fund held by a third party which is released (in this case to seller peccary.peru) upn the satisfaction of certain conditions precedent. These conditions, I suggest, would be the approval of the sample followed by written or email confirmation that the particular gloves in the order are in fact available, in-stock, and will be shipped directly to the individual members within a reasonable (say, 10 days) time. The escrow agent would then release (or paypal) funds over to the seller for individual confirmed orders and then send back (by paypal) unfulfilled orders. This procedure seems cumbersome. Why wouldn't the shopping list be sent to peccary. peru first and then, upon confirmation of availability, members would then be asked to paypal funds to the forum?
    the problem is that they charge $30 for shipping per sample - so it would be expensive for them to send to each person individually. usps priority mail will deliver them for $5 from any location in the us. once i get home, i will email the file to j and you can all see the details. the charges are around $43 per pair once we get to around 50 pairs. that way, add on say $200 shipping for the entire order and we are still at $47 plus the $5 usps and we are at $52. something like that. are there any sort of import duties on gloves? any other gotchas?